Side covers for 77 350

hombre

Re: Side covers for 77 350

Post by hombre »

72degrees wrote:
hombre wrote:
holeinthehead wrote:Not sure, actually
Are these the round vs square?

I think - if you want it to be original - you want the ones on the 2nd pic. I've never seen these as replica's though. The rounded ones where used up to '76 on the Sport, maybe the GT after '76 also?
The 77 cast wheel Strada that I turned in to the original Forgotten Era hill climb bike had the first pic 'round' type covers. Selling them on Ebay raised a useful contribution to funding the project :)
hmmm, I'm confused now ;) I think the ones hendre pointed to are the right ones (not the ones that also cover the top of the rear shocks in the same ad, they are from a later model).
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

For clarification, the 77 (can't be absolutely certain as it was an import from Spain) cast wheel Strada I was talking about had what I think as 'round' side covers as shown in the first pic holeinthehead posted a link to and Ming posted a photo of. Of course someone might have fitted the 'wrong' ones before I got hold of it ;)

Amazingly I realised I still have access to a photo of it in the state I acquired it:

MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I have a pair of round and the later square. Somebody changed the square to round on my Sport.

I have not decided what to do, but may have the round ones available soon...

Start filling in the mortgage applications... :)
norbert

Post by norbert »

There are at least 3 diferent forms of metalic side panels. The ones on the fotos in this tread are all the rounded older ones. The ones for the wire wheels and disc brake (about 76/77) are diferent and then with the K-model they changed again. I must have the three models anywhere. When i find them I´ll make some fotos.

norbert