Wanted rough Kanguro-NOW GOT GOT ONE THANKS!

Steve Brown

Wanted rough Kanguro-NOW GOT GOT ONE THANKS!

Post by Steve Brown »

I'm looking for a Kanguro to fettle up as my winter bike. So if you have a tired looking or neglected bike please get in touch by PM or reply on here. I'm centrally located in the UK and have a van and even some cash to spend. I promise your once pride and joy won't be run into the ground and wasted, it will have a bright future with me!
If you think your Morini is too precious to be a winter bike then I'll accept yout MZ, Royal Enfield, Japanese/Chinese/Other European light or middleweight bike.
Last edited by Steve Brown on 01 Jan 2020 17:07, edited 2 times in total.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
P.I. Staker

Re: Wanted rough Kanguro or similar

Post by P.I. Staker »

Haboola72

Post by Haboola72 »

Had to put this on to get you going..
Yes it's light years away , even for me it's a 720mile round trip here in Catalunya.. and yes broken cam belt means problems , but with the later engine the push rods should have taken the brunt of any impact. Good news is the engine turns over fine. Full engine rebuild a must, the bike has been laid up since 1997. Low , low mileage, all original , Looks good apart from the dent in the tank and only £300... before transport costs etc.…
I was thinking of dismantling the front end and getting it home in the back of my 2003 Mazda 2, I reckon it would fit ok with the passenger seat removed...

https://www.milanuncios.com/motos-de-cr ... 638111.htm

Somehow sharing the ad has taken away the feverish urge to go and do something foolish , like buying it...
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Yes, have seen that one and made an offer or two but not accepted. Acemorini has spent a bit on ignition fixes but it's still a non runner and if the bodywork is as pictured (ie not complete) I won't go to the asking price. Still, early days yet and I bet there are dozens in Spain or something at tuppence a piece! 8)
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Haboola72 wrote:Had to put this on to get you going..
Yes it's light years away , even for me it's a 720mile round trip here in Catalunya.. and yes broken cam belt means problems , but with the later engine the push rods should have taken the brunt of any impact. Good news is the engine turns over fine. Full engine rebuild a must, the bike has been laid up since 1997. Low , low mileage, all original , Looks good apart from the dent in the tank and only £300... before transport costs etc.…
I was thinking of dismantling the front end and getting it home in the back of my 2003 Mazda 2, I reckon it would fit ok with the passenger seat removed...

Somehow sharing the ad has taken away the feverish urge to go and do something foolish , like buying it...
Just as I thought, loads in Spain for tuppence each! Yes, that one would get me going for sure, pity I can't see a way of collecting it. A long way to drive in my van and I think it says no documents too? Perfect bike though...
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Have you been in touch with RedVee?? He had an ad up for a rough Kanguro and as at Oct he still had it.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Vitesse wrote:Have you been in touch with RedVee?? He had an ad up for a rough Kanguro and as at Oct he still had it.
She!
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

MickeyMoto wrote:
Vitesse wrote:Have you been in touch with RedVee?? He had an ad up for a rough Kanguro and as at Oct he still had it.
She!
Fair point, I'd kind of assumed it was a joint identity since the conversation was about the husband digging the bike out from the shed, etc.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

No I haven't. Was aware of that one but it was more of a project than I want right now. Also no V5 etc. I've had quite a few offers and leads from here thank you all, and a few from the facebook pages too.
At the moment I may well be fixed up by mid week. If not I'll tickle this post to get it back to the top again. :-)
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Steve Brown wrote:
No I haven't. Was aware of that one but it was more of a project than I want right now. Also no V5 etc. I've had quite a few offers and leads from here thank you all, and a few from the facebook pages too.
At the moment I may well be fixed up by mid week. If not I'll tickle this post to get it back to the top again. :-)
Definitely a She last time I looked lol
Yes I still have the damn thing. Supposedly sold but appears little interest in collecting it. lol Would make a great winter bike but no way for this winter; no paperwork, some bits probably missing, engine still solid...
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Haboola72 wrote:Had to put this on to get you going..

Well it's gone now and it wasn't me! I'd contacted my dealer mate in Germany to try and arrange getting it shipped to him. Sadly not quickly enough though!

Oh well the search continues :lol:
Haboola72

Post by Haboola72 »

It was probably bought by a breaker who could easily double his money on low mileage parts.
Twenty two years is a long time for a bike to be laid up. Everything would have to be gone over, and by the time it's shipped over and registered the cost would have at least doubled.
Probably a good thing it went, there are plenty about , but for how long? If anything turns up in the immediate area ( North East Spain ) I'll let you know.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Haboola72 wrote:It was probably bought by a breaker who could easily double his money on low mileage parts.
Twenty two years is a long time for a bike to be laid up. Everything would have to be gone over, and by the time it's shipped over and registered the cost would have at least doubled.
Probably a good thing it went, there are plenty about , but for how long? If anything turns up in the immediate area ( North East Spain ) I'll let you know.
You're probably right there. I'm getting to the end of my search for the winter bike (winter will be over soon!) and have been looking at a few different marques with an eye to value for money and winter proofing potential. The search has been narrowed down to Morinis, Harley-Davidsons(yes really! MT350 being the model in mind) and Royal Enfield Bullets.
dickyminty

Post by dickyminty »

Hi Steve, are you still looking for a Kanguro? If so I've got one that I'm prepared to let go for what it owes me, but not including 100s of hours I've spent fettling it unfortunately! It's a 1989 X2, very original and quite presentable. Low mileage 24k kms/ 14k miles)
and moted until late next summer if I remember correctly. Not perfect, it runs well enough but a bit fluffy on one cylinder below 3000rpm. Not desperate to sell but have hardly used it in last year. £1450. Live in Shrewsbury. 07962 259759
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

dickyminty wrote:Hi Steve, are you still looking for a Kanguro? If so I've got one that I'm prepared to let go for what it owes me, but not including 100s of hours I've spent fettling it unfortunately! It's a 1989 X2, very original and quite presentable. Low mileage 24k kms/ 14k miles)
and moted until late next summer if I remember correctly. Not perfect, it runs well enough but a bit fluffy on one cylinder below 3000rpm. Not desperate to sell but have hardly used it in last year. £1450. Live in Shrewsbury. 07962 259759
Hi, yes I am! I'll ring you in the morning. (Tuesday)