Wanted 3 1/2 indicators

vincent

Wanted 3 1/2 indicators

Post by vincent »

Hi
Has anyone got a pair of the large squarish rubber mounted black indicators for sale. "Tidy" condition will do me fine. For 1982 3 1/2 Strada
Thanks.
3potjohn

Re: Wanted 3 1/2 indicators

Post by 3potjohn »

I have 2 rear indicators which came with my K1 though not fitted as a rear frame lug was snapped off and the indicator stem looked slightly curved out of absolutely straight. I got the lug welded but decided to get “flexi-stem” indicators from Vehicle Wiring Products. These are MUCH lighter and cheap, you can get them any time too.Decently bright unlike those mini indicators which I also tried.
Upshot is if you don’t want total originality these are the answer. If you want mine then one is missing the lens screws and has a tiny chip on the body, the other is all intact but neither are A1. Free though. I was about to bin them along wth R100RS faring panels nobody wants.I am surprised.
All this may be problematic as I would have to venture forth and I am not planning on visiting a Post Office any time soon, unless there is a better way.Maybe in a fortnight or so??
Not much help eh?
John
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

John,
I'm surprised no-one wants the fairing for the BMW. There are several sets for sale on eBay and plenty of the bikes for sale too. Presumably you've tried listing them on eBay? What a pity for them to go to the bin, I remember my R100RT and R100RS fondly, and thanks to your comment spent too long looking at bikes for sale as I've hankered after another old boxer twin to complement my Morinis. Good luck with finding a home for them, and if I end up with an R100RS and need part or all of a fairing I'll ask you.
Ciao
Julian
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I have tried to sell them before on eBay and via another club forum. Even more frustrating was I could not sell a pair of snowflake wheels at all, for very little money, I could not give them away, then after they went to a scrapyard someone wanted one about a week later. I had them for years too. I don’t intend to sell my spoked wheel as I may need it when I next hit a pothole.I’d even take pleasure in that right now.......
Back to Morini...think I saw a pair of indicators on eBay yesterday.
John
vincent

Post by vincent »

Hello John,
Thanks for reply, ive tried to pm you, but its sitting in my outbox for some reason?
Tim
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Got it and replied just now. Been working on no2 lawn mower. It’s got a seized emulsion tube in Dellorto carb. It’s a 6501 tube actually and Eurocarb list them. Well it’s almost a Morini. I left it In situ.Runs OK
Will send when can muster enthusiasm for queue of local types at the PO and let you know.
John