2 into 1 high level exhaust 350

Towser

2 into 1 high level exhaust 350

Post by Towser »

Hi, I'm looking for an off road type 2 into 1 high level exhaust for my 350. Any type would do. Thanks.
julianharty

Re: 2 into 1 high level exhaust 350

Post by julianharty »

If a Kanguro one would do then there are ones for sale in Europe on ebay. Which frame/type of Morini do you want to use it in?
Towser

Post by Towser »

It is a 350 strada that has been turned into a trailie with Kanguro forks and longer shocks. I will have a look on ebay thanks.
hombre

Post by hombre »

You have a pm
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Towser wrote:It is a 350 strada that has been turned into a trailie with Kanguro forks and longer shocks. I will have a look on ebay thanks.
That sounds interesting! Post some pics if you can please? I've often wondered about making a twin shock trail bike that way, how has it turned out?/is it shaping up?
We also like messing about on green lanes with Morinis...
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Towser

Post by Towser »

I cant find any pics and its buried in the garage at the moment but ill send some when I dig it out. It is pretty good off road, I've done a fair bit of green laning and the MCC trials a few years back. i'ts light and powerful off road. What area do you trail ride?
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

I'm fairly new to the green lanes and so far have only explored local to me in Leicestershire, but that does cover a fair area and I've ended up in Notts, Staffs, Rutland and Cambridgeshire already.
I'm joining in a novices and intermediate run in the Peak district this Thursday and hope to record the route on Viewranger so I can lead my two chums on their bikes (Kanguro and Himalayan) sometime in the future.
I've done two trips in India too, one in the remote North East and the other in the Himalayas. These aren't strictly trail riding as we were using the only roads between towns. Trouble is these roads have a habit of regularly getting washed away or lost in landslides. So you end up standing on the pegs most of the day anyway! All great fun, honestly.
The MCC trials are something I fancy too, this year is a bit of a washout so I hope to get better prepared for them next year.
Whereabouts are you? We have a strange idea to get a Camel train of Morinis (Kanguros, Camels and Specials) on the the lanes together at some point so it would be great to rope you in as well.
Potentially we already have half a dozen likely suspects.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Steve, I love the concept of a camel train of bikes. If and when I get my Kanguro roadworthy let's see if there's a way I can join one of the camel trains, I live 2+ hours riding time (on metalled roads) so it'd take a bit of coordination and scheduling to join you and be able to make it home again afterwards...
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

julianharty wrote:Steve, I love the concept of a camel train of bikes. If and when I get my Kanguro roadworthy let's see if there's a way I can join one of the camel trains, I live 2+ hours riding time (on metalled roads) so it'd take a bit of coordination and scheduling to join you and be able to make it home again afterwards...
Hi Julian, it would be great to add you to the list! Of the people I'm thinking of so far you are about the furthest away. I wonder if to make it worth the effort we could aim for a weekend (or even midweek??) meet up that we stop over for? Perhaps that would tempt the further flung riders to join in?
If it's me that's leading then the only areas I know well enough are around here and after tomorrow the Peak district. I do know enough lanes on the Isle of Man too but suppose it would be too much to get everyone there at the same time :)
I am prepping a Kanguro X as you know, that will be the bike I loan to a mate who is likely to come down from Scotland but if he can't make it I will have a reserve list of riders too.
I'd like to challenge the rest of the world to a 'Most Morini trail bikes in the same pic on a trail' competition :D
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Mine now has both barrels and heads fitted, I've done a basic kickstarter-powered compression test with the tappets roughly set. I need to rewire the stator then refit it and the rotor before I'll set the tappets accurately, then it's on to fitting the exhausts and trying out the back pickups and wiring them to a pair of new transducers, fitting carbs, adding fuel and starting it first kick! or even after a few would be good. Then I need to make the rest of the wiring loom, fit all the bits and pieces and get it MoT'd, apply for a registration, and then it should be good to go :) See you in a few days/weeks/months (let's hope not years!) delete as appropriate :)

Be great to visit for a day or so.

Julian
Towser

Post by Towser »

I live in Carmarthenshire but quite happy to travel for a weekend away. Waiting for DVLA to reclassify it as historic and then its on the road again.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hmm, OK, this is sounding like it might happen. I'd be happy to help arrange accommodation or camping for those taking part. Think I might start another thread to tickle the idea up a bit. Good luck with your projects both of you and hope to meet up soon!
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Towser wrote:I live in Carmarthenshire but quite happy to travel for a weekend away. Waiting for DVLA to reclassify it as historic and then its on the road again.
Hi Neil, I replied to your PM on here-I need a mobile number to add you to the Whatsapp group please. I also asked where you were in the country but I have seen that now in your post above. I'm guessing you won't be able to make this weekend? But if you can there is still time and a slot for you.

Other than that I'd love it if we could get a ride or three anywhere in Wales! :wink:
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

I wonder if I could join in. I would just need to travel the old overland trail first. You know, SE Asia, India, Mid East etc.

I use to dream of doing a trip like this, but now days, I think it may just stay a dream.

Look forward to seeing some pics of the Camel train. I am keen to get mine back in the desert and get a pic of it with a real camel in the background. We have plenty of them !

Cheers.