Wanted Stator for 1979 500 W

Canuck750

Wanted Stator for 1979 500 W

Post by Canuck750 »

I need a stator for my 1979 Moto Morini 500 W (Strada). The 5 charging coils must be in good condition, I have a new ignition coil so that one does not need to be perfect.
I am swapping to a Sasche ignition with new Dyna coils so I am happy to supply the original transducers and pick up to anyone who can suply me with a stator.

Please email me at: jcarey@br2architecture.com

Thanks

Jim Carey
simonnorthroad

Re: Wanted Stator for 1979 500 W

Post by simonnorthroad »

What resistance Dyna coils are you going for out of interest?
Canuck750

Re: Wanted Stator for 1979 500 W

Post by Canuck750 »

From the Elektronic Sasche web site:

Dynatek Miniature Series High Performance Ignition Coil, single output, 3 Ω, incl. connector and HT protecting cap.

My 1975 Ducati 860 GT had a very similar Ducati Electronic ignition system, pair of Ducati transducers, mag ignition etc. it had a very limited fixed advance that came on around 2500 rpm and was very prone to kick back (kick start only model). After I fitted the Sasche system with the Dyna coils it has been a one kick start bike, it has a programmable advance, I think it is 15 different curves to choose from. I am a very happy with how the Sasche system transformed my Ducati and I am just fed up with trying to get my Moto Morini to run, at present it won;t even start anymore even after fitting a new ignition coil on the stator. The Sasche system for the Morini looks even easier to install than the Ducati, not that the Ducati was terribly difficult but a special tool was required to remove the flywheel whereas the Morin only need to have the pick up removed and replaced with a new optical pick up and then remove the transducers and associated wires and make some brackets for the Dyna coils.

I still need a good stator though with the 5 charging coils as the bike will now require a good battery charge to fire the ignition.