500W REARSETS WANTED

Canuck750

500W REARSETS WANTED

Post by Canuck750 »

I am looking for a new or used pair of rear sets for my 1979 Moto Morini 500 W.

Does anyone know if all Moto Morin 500 frames are the same, these Tarozzi rear sets are labeled for 1984, I am hoping these fit the 1979 frame, my rear brake master cylinder is on the left hand side of the bike.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com/13-0036

Anyone have pictures of a 500 with Tarozzi rear sets that show how they are mounted?

Thanks

Jim
harrymuffin

Re: 500W REARSETS WANTED

Post by harrymuffin »

I have sent you a personal message as I cannot get any photos to load they maybe of some help to you regarding the weird gear change that you have. The 500 5 speed and the 500 6speed frames are the same and had the gear change on the correct side. The 350 K2 had semi rear sets and unfortunately the gear change was moved to the wrong side. I always regarded this set up-not the swap over, as the best compromise for a alleviating bad back or sit up and beg and arm and wrist ache.
Canuck750

Re: 500W REARSETS WANTED

Post by Canuck750 »

harrymuffin wrote:I have sent you a personal message as I cannot get any photos to load they maybe of some help to you regarding the weird gear change that you have. The 500 5 speed and the 500 6speed frames are the same and had the gear change on the correct side. The 350 K2 had semi rear sets and unfortunately the gear change was moved to the wrong side. I always regarded this set up-not the swap over, as the best compromise for a alleviating bad back or sit up and beg and arm and wrist ache.
Thanks Harry,

I ordered a pair of Tarozzi rear sets for my 500, hopefully this will restore smooth shifting,

I did not get a personal message though but I will post some pictures of the install once I get the parts

Jim