Handlebar throttle assembly 350 sport

cliveo

Handlebar throttle assembly 350 sport

Post by cliveo »

Wanted handle bar throttle assembly, my existing one has the electric start but would prefer non electric start with possibly right hand mirror fitting
Steve Brown

Re: Handlebar throttle assembly 350 sport

Post by Steve Brown »

I do have an electric start version here. No mirror mount though as I think most were mounted on the master cylinder body-not sure about the custom types though!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
cliveo

Post by cliveo »

Hi Steve
Thanks for your reply can't see any obvious place the mirror can be mounted around the master cylinder or on thr brake level right side although there is a fitting on the left hand side brake lever for a mirror
An option to fit a right hand mirror might be to remove the brake lever bolt and fix a mirror in its place with the same thread
Bit disconcerting riding without a mirror on the right

Cheers Clive
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Bar end mirror? Try Halcyon. They fold up and have a decent mirror which make things appear at a correct distance and not miles away when they are abutting your tail light. Also try Oberon performance.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Oberon,King of the Fairies. On his weekends he makes pretty good bar end mirrors.
Never used them myself though.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

3potjohn wrote:Oberon,King of the Fairies. On his weekends he makes pretty good bar end mirrors.
Never used them myself though.
I think you are away with them! :) been sniffing brake cleaner?
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

No not brake cleaner, Mena Dhu Cornish Stout. The solvents are bad for you elf.
John
cliveo

Post by cliveo »

Thanks all for the replies, I have thought of end bar mirrors and removed the end bar on the handlebar but it is connected to a threaded bar that seems to go up the internal length of the clip on's so was a bit reluctant to remove as not sure if they are to make the bars stronger or just there as weights
Has anyone come across this when fitting end bar mirrors and is it just a question on removing the internal rod and end bar and refitting with a mirror with a ring fitting
Stubaker58

Post by Stubaker58 »

The question of mirrors puzzled me too. I did buy a Halycyon and it’s great but then I remembered I’d bought a set of old stock Stadium mirrors which are black and match the bike better (a black Halcyon was the best part of £70). The left screwed into the boss on the lever. On the right I used a cheap clamp from EBay sited between the throttle and the master cylinder. I’ve now got perfect rearward vision.

The next step is to actually fit the replacement Chinese master cylinder in place of the Grimeca original. Better braking and an integral mirror boss too.

BTW with the Halcyon I had to specify a smaller diameter expander bolt as my swan neck clip-ons are thick walled and so have a smaller I.D.

Not the best photo’ but you get the idea ...

Regards.
BumbleBee

Post by BumbleBee »

Stubaker58 wrote:The question of mirrors puzzled me too....

...The next step is to actually fit the replacement Chinese master cylinder in place of the Grimeca original. Better braking and an integral mirror boss too.

Regards.
Although it might not be widely known, some Grimeca master cylinders have a mirror fittment on them. It's cast into the little clamp piece that bolts around the handlebar to hold the main part of the master cylinder onto the bars.