speedo cable guide

morini_tom

speedo cable guide

Post by morini_tom »

I'm after the speedo cable guide which bolts to the underside of the bottom yoke.

Yes, it's only a simple plate with a couple of holes but I'd rather an original one than a home made one (or none as in my case!)

Not sure if they were different across different models but this is for a K sport.

Photo attached is what I believe I am after.

I'm also still on the lookout for a back plastic instrument housing- I have a good chrome one which I can swap. if I can't find a black one I'll strip and paint the chrome one but sods law the day I do someone will want to swap a black one for chrome!
Attachments
speedo cable guide.jpg
speedo cable guide.jpg (49.64 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
simonnorthroad

Re: speedo cable guide

Post by simonnorthroad »

Do you mean the black plastic ring that goes over the speedo/tacho rubber? I may have one
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I don't think so, although without one it's hard to know exactly! And I can't see it in the parts book either.

From memory, and backed up by the photo in my original post (which is a photo of an extremely original K sport that I should have bought when I got the chance), the part I am after is the bit circled in red- a small plate with a bolt hole in it, that bolts to the underside of the bottom yoke, and then a bigger hole with a grommet which the speedo cable passes through. It sits below and behind the bottom yoke and stops the speedo cable getting squashed by the steering damper or the lock stops.
BumbleBee

Post by BumbleBee »

The K model has a different guide to the '70s models. The route of the cable is different. So the little plate has it's bend in a different direction. On the '70s models the bend is diagonal and the guide goes on the front of the yoke, but on the K as in your photo the guide is on the back of the yoke and the bend isn't diagonal it's much simpler. Possibly a case of simplifying an already simple thing.

Gary&Anne
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Thanks for the replies all.

Mdina had a used one in stock- of the early type but it will do the trick and there are a hundred other things on the bike a rivet counter would spot before that!!!

Just need to find some suitable bushes for the steering damper now and we’re good to go :)
norbert

Post by norbert »

Thats very easy to do it yourself. I´ve made one for Dulcinea to guide the cable where I want it to. Just a peace of stainless or aluminium sheet, two drillings and a suitable rubber cable guide.