NLM Ignition install instructions

JonD

Re: NLM Ignition install instructions

Post by JonD »

Sorry, I missed off the yellow lead in the 5 lead bunch - it is for the tacho.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

NLM's ignition has been successfully installed in my bike for a very long time. There's nothing wrong with it whatsoever.
DD
MRC 3082½
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Thanks to Duncan, scans of the NLM instructions are now in the members technical section of the website at the below link.

Having not worked on the NLM system myself I can't add any pearls of wisdom, but if somebody wants to put together a summary of their and others collective wisdom on installing and getting this thing to work, then I am happy to add a 'how to' guide to the website also

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/membe ... ulator.pdf
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Both my 2C/350s have NLM modules and conventional coils. One is an early one cable bunch version, which has been on since they first started making them. The other is a later two cable bunch version. I had to get that replaced straight away as one cylinder didn't work, but been fine since. Both run with OEM red type II pickups. I tried their performance pickup. Once I got the required very, very, small air gap between rotor and sensors right it worked, but for me, it needed a faster kick over than my ancient right, or even more gammy left, leg could muster reliably. This wasn't an issue on the hill climb forgotten error bike, but going back to a red pickup has made stalling in traffic on the road machine less stressful.

Both can be agnostic as to wiring up, so long as you also transfer the HT side of things. The shorter cable bunch on the two bunch version would make that trickier on a 350, but once I had made up an arrangement to mount the module and coils under the seat on the 'racer', I used HT leads of equal length, so an ignition swap from cylinder to cylinder could be a 5 minute diagnostic job in the paddock.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

Folks, I have trying in vain to rig up something to test the NLM unit to no avail, so have come to the conclusion that it would be easier and more useful if somebody who already has one and wants a spare to test it out by replacing their existing unit. So this is my offer. I'll post it to anywhere, and we pay 50/50 for the postage. Then you test it, and if it's ok you pay me (does £30 seem fair? ) plus my half of the postage. However If it's no good, (and I'll have to trust folks on this) throw it in the bin and all we've lost is half the postal charge. (about £7 to the UK).

P.M. me if you're interested.

Cheers,

cliffa