Dart wiring loom

clanger9

Dart wiring loom

Post by clanger9 »

I'm after a Dart wiring loom. Doesn't need to be in great condition - I just need it for some of the connectors. Let me know if you have one for sale.
morini_tom

Re: Dart wiring loom

Post by morini_tom »

Can't help with a spare loom, and to be honest, after 30 years they are almost not worth trying to salvage- as I found with mine, the corrosion was quite extensive throughout the wires and by the time individual wires were replaced, it was just easier to make a whole new loom- which I did fairly easily by pegging the old one out on a board and then stripping the heatshrink and then copying it by overlaying new wires from vehicle wiring products. I didn't go for thin wall wire as whilst it is undoubtedly better, I wasn't convinced that the original connector terminals would crimp satisfactorily into the thinner wires.

More helpfully for you I think- I also replaced every single connector with new ones of the original type. So I can tell you where to get both new connectors and even better, new pins as reusing old ones is only asking for trouble down the line. I didn't buy a specific crimping tool for these connectors, and whilst the exact right tool would do a better job, using one of the generic terminal crimping tools with care gave satisfactory results (and not a hint of electrical gremlins in over 10 years now)

The connectors are Molex 0.093" and I got almost every one I needed to do the whole bike, plus sufficient male and female pins from Swallow Amusement machines in Hampshire, for less than £20...

http://www.swallowam.co.uk/conectrs.php#5

Tom
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Thanks for posting the link Tom, been looking for 9 way molex connectors for months no body had any, no the hunt is over.
Regards Pete.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Thanks, Tom. Yes I just realised this afternoon these are standard Molex 0.093" connectors, so surprisingly easy to find!
You can get them from Mouser as well. :D
https://mou.sr/3ocj3qW
Ming

Post by Ming »

hendre

Post by hendre »