350 rectifier for 12v conversion

Bedfordowner

350 rectifier for 12v conversion

Post by Bedfordowner »

Hi all, I am rebuilding my 250c and want to upgrade the wiring to 12v. I need a rectifier so thought I would ask here.
Many thanks
Keith
buzby

Re: 350 rectifier for 12v conversion

Post by buzby »

Mdina Italia have got them. I've got one on my 250 and no problems,

Dave.

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/M54040021A.html
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
Ming

Post by Ming »

I have a Boyer Power Box fitted in mine. Just connects to the two yellow stator leads, with earth and positive output. You can use it without a battery if you like. Alternatives include very cheap regulators from China, though best to match them to your power requirements.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

I use one of these. Very good value and good up to 200 watts.
https://modernmotorcyclecompany.eu/coll ... or-3-phase

Cheers,

Kamel.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

For the benefit of the original poster, when using the two wire single phase regulators with a three wire stator
simply do not connect the red wire coming from the stator. Tape it up to ensure it does not short.
The red/rosso B+ terminal of the regulator needs to connect to the battery via a fuse on a 250.
The switched live and earth connections remain as before.

We can simply convert the 250/350 two phase stator to a single phase stator and then take the benefit of
the supply of universal regulators, Buzby and Kamel have shown us examples.

Mark
Bedfordowner

Post by Bedfordowner »

mbmm350s wrote:For the benefit of the original poster, when using the two wire single phase regulators with a three wire stator
simply do not connect the red wire coming from the stator. Tape it up to ensure it does not short.
The red/rosso B+ terminal of the regulator needs to connect to the battery via a fuse on a 250.
The switched live and earth connections remain as before.

We can simply convert the 250/350 two phase stator to a single phase stator and then take the benefit of
the supply of universal regulators, Buzby and Kamel have shown us examples.

Mark
Hi Mark,
Thank you and all the others for the advice. I have ordered the rectifier that Kamel suggested and am going to be rewiring the bike as the wiring is brittle and has too many connectors for my liking. Thanks for the wiring details regarding the rectifier and the fused live. I was going to put a fuse box in any case so will run the red through that.
I will post some pictures of my 250 in the project area once I work out how to do it.
Thanks again
Keith