Kick Start Spacer wanted

Canuck750

Kick Start Spacer wanted

Post by Canuck750 »

Looking for a kick start spacer block, new or used, Mdina Italy is sold out on these, link to image below

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/M380115MOD.html

Thanks,

Jim
Last edited by Canuck750 on 19 Jan 2021 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
morini_tom

Re: Kick Start Pacer wanted

Post by morini_tom »

I don’t have one for sale but happy to measure mine so you could get one made if you can’t find one (assuming Mdina aren’t going to restock- have you sent them an email- if they don’t know there is demand they can’t make a decision as to whether to have another batch made or not)

However, even with the kickstart extender block it’s not a perfect solution.

A better solution is to do away with the block and make a new kickstart that clears the rear sets.

NLM used to do a swan neck kickstart for this purpose but Mdina are out of those too. (Which is a shame as it is technically a better solution and looks less fugly too. I would buy one for the k1 if they were available.

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/M380115RS1.html

If we could get enough ‘pre orders’ maybe we can encourage Mdina to have another batch done, or if not I will suggest it to the MRC committee as a club product.

Let me know if you are interested in a swan neck kickstart and if there’s enough interest I’ll see if I can find a way of getting a batch done

Tom
harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

From what I have been told the extenders are not completely satisfactory. I extended the lever fulcrum on mine by welding on to the existing pivot an extension, so that the pivot was displaced outwards much as the one you are after It clears my rear sets withou problems, aany adjustment can then be made by displacing either way on the spline. If you are desperate for one and no one has one, then let me know and I will make a copy of the NLM one for you.
Canuck750

Post by Canuck750 »

I would be interested in a swan neck kick starter!

alternately I suppose I could modify the one on the bike as per Harry's suggestion.
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

I have one of those I bought as a just in case. I could sell it if you want. I'm in OZ so postage would be attached. Let me know by pm if you want it.
Cheers
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

I'm pretty sure there was a recent post on the Morini Facebook page of someone making one.

Finding this could be another matter!
rossguzzi

Re: Kick Start Spacer wanted

Post by rossguzzi »

Sorry I have the other one for the Camel.
Canuck750

Re: Kick Start Spacer wanted

Post by Canuck750 »

rossguzzi wrote:Sorry I have the other one for the Camel.
Thanks for checking for me.

I left a request with Mdina Italy for both the special kick start pedal or the spacer if they ever make another run. If nothing comes available by spring I will modify the original pedal to suit.