fuse box lid

bowman3761

fuse box lid

Post by bowman3761 »

Does anyone have a spare fuse box lid for a 350 Sport 1977, or at least recommendations for a substitute or workaround?

Currently the fuses are fully exposed. Tim
Vitesse

Re: fuse box lid

Post by Vitesse »

What? There's a fusebox lid????

Doesn't everyone just have electric spaghetti under the sidepanel?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I've got half of one!
simonnorthroad

Post by simonnorthroad »

I will have one.
Email me moriniboy23@yahoo.co.uk
bowman3761

Post by bowman3761 »

Thanks everyone!

Simon: I've emailed you, as requested.
Mickey: I also have half a one, broken across the mounting hole!
Vitesse: I also have spaghetti under the side panel, but was envisaging a cold wet night, alone & next to my bike in the middle of nowhere, wishing I had taken some precautions...
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I believe there should be a piece of card in the lid with the colours of the wires on it. Let me have a poke around.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

There is one NOS one on eBay. Depending on your exact model of bike this may not be the same layout, but fundamentally looks ok (maybe upside down, but hey!)

If nothing else you can see what the lid should look like

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CEV-Wiring-J ... 3734898726
hombre

Post by hombre »

MickeyMoto wrote: 09 Nov 2021 10:54 I believe there should be a piece of card in the lid with the colours of the wires on it. Let me have a poke around.
the lids are all the same, the rear of the fusebox differs between some models as do the coloured paper-inlays so don't rely on those
bowman3761

Post by bowman3761 »

Thanks "Morini_Tom". However, almost £80 for a bit of plastic, that Mdina Italia were advertising, albeit used, for £6.54 inc. is a bit much. Unfortunately, helpful Doug at Mdina Italia hasn't been able to locate the actual part, if it exists at all (he's recently taken over the business). It was seeing it advertised at such a reasonable price that got me initially interested. If any other member is interested, outside eBay it's also available for $54.95 from http://guzzino.com/cevfupanos.html. Thanks again, Tim

Thanks "hombre". I already have the coloured paper-inlay. Doug at Mdina Italia kindly sent me one, FOC. I didn't realise what it's for, but subsequently understand it's a key for wiring colours. Thanks again, Tim