Sport stuff wanted please...

Steve Brown

Sport stuff wanted please...

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi all, am looking for a few bits and pieces to help put my '77 350 sport a little nearer standard apearance;

1) Don't larf! but I'd like one of the old snuff box switches that screw on to the clutch lever clamp. Has pilot/main lights, dip switch and horn button.

2) I'm after a pair of silencers of the original pattern, may swap the 2-1 stainless NLM system currently fitted? Or may sell 2-1 system for enough to fund a pair of SITO silencers. Possibly standard front pipes too?

3) A rear lamp assy, chromed plastic if I remember rightly.

4) A side stand.

5) A set of chrome CEV indicators.

6) Nearly forgot! A r/h fork slider, disc type. Have Strada part to trade.

I'm not looking to do a 'concours' type job, just make the bike look something like standard. So if you have stuff that is not 100% perfect, please get in touch, I may still be interested. Also willing to trade some of the spares that came with the bike, I'll list them in the for sale section.

Thanks, Steve.
Last edited by Steve Brown on 12 Feb 2009 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
EVguru

Re: Sport stuff wanted please...

Post by EVguru »

Steve Brown wrote:Hi all, am looking for a few bits and pieces to help put my '77 350 sport a little nearer standard apearance;

1) Don't larf! but I'd like one of the old snuff box switches that screw on to the clutch lever clamp. Has pilot/main lights, dip switch and horn button.
Definitely not standard on a '77 unless it was late registered. Have you got wires, or alloys? If you really want one then be careful. There are about a dozen variations, all CEV 169, but different functions.
2) I'm after a pair of silencers of the original pattern, may swap the 2-1 stainless NLM system currently fitted? Or may sell 2-1 system for enough to fund a pair of SITO silencers. Possibly standard front pipes too?
Original pattern silencers can be had from NLM or ebay shops. They're not noted for looking good for very long unless well looked after. Exact early pipes and particularly the heat shield are going to be very hard to find. NLM do have a couple of NOS later heat shields. I sold them some.
ebay again, about £16 BIN + postage from Crete if I remember rightly.
4) A side stand.
Might have a spare, but my parts stash is a mess at the moment.
ebay.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
Steve Brown

Re: Sport stuff wanted please...

Post by Steve Brown »

EVguru wrote:
Steve Brown wrote:Hi all, am looking for a few bits and pieces to help put my '77 350 sport a little nearer standard apearance;

Definitely not standard on a '77 unless it was late registered. Have you got wires, or alloys? If you really want one then be careful. There are about a dozen variations, all CEV 169, but different functions.

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. Yes definitely was standard as new. I collected it myself from Morphy Mtrs, October 1977. Nagel Neu. Wire wheels, could well have stood a while before I bought it. Was looking for a drum model but couldn't find one.
Original pattern silencers can be had from NLM or ebay shops. They're not noted for looking good for very long unless well looked after. Exact early pipes and particularly the heat shield are going to be very hard to find. NLM do have a couple of NOS later heat shields. I sold them some.

Have got some ropey original front pipes, can be fixed though. Thanks again for the info ref. finish etc.
ebay again, about £16 BIN + postage from Crete if I remember rightly.

Been checking E-bay, not seen chrome lamps yet. Will keep looking.
4) A side stand.
Might have a spare, but my parts stash is a mess at the moment.

Sounds like my garage too :oops: Let me know if you do find one, would be appreciated.
ebay.
As for lamps, so far. May yet fit some mini LED lamps.

Cheers, Steve.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi all, still looking for a fork slider, side stand, switch assy and some silencers. Got a rear lamp as EV suggested from Athens via ebay, and also a set of LED indicators.

The 2-1 exhaust I have for trade is one of the NLM expensive and super-dooper ones. Just a bit noisy for a gentle old soul like me :roll: but could be just what you need for your track day special. Let me know if you have a pair of silencers. Sito or original.

A wrecked petrol tank would be useful too, I want to cut the filler neck out of one, so the condition of the rest is irrelevant.

PM me via this site if you can help, or e-mail to rainbowttrep(at)btinternet(dot)com

Paul (Ev) did you find a side stand in your garage yet?

Steve.
TonyH

Silencers

Post by TonyH »

Hi Steve, wish i had noticed your post before i put my silencers on ebay at weekend!! One of them i sound but the other rattles when you shake it so i think the baffle has come detached from the body. Take a look and see if they are what you're after.

I also somewhere in one of my boxes of bits have the old snuff box switch gear from my 75 strada, but if memory serves me correctly it did not attach to the clutch assembly, it has a clamp for the handlebars. i will search through my boxes and try to find it and come back to you if you are interested.

Cheers, tony
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

Steve Brown wrote:Hi all, still looking for a fork slider
I assume you're wanting to convert to twin discs?

If it's just better braking feel you want then put on a 250 2C master cylinder.
some silencers
£150 for a new pair in ebay shops. Sitos are about £90 from NLM.
A wrecked petrol tank would be useful too, I want to cut the filler neck out of one, so the condition of the rest is irrelevant.
Try; Classic singles & V-twin parts (Belgium) marc.parfait@skynet.be

They have NEW necks.
Paul (Ev) did you find a side stand in your garage yet?
I don't think I can find the floor at the moment!

I've got stands, but I don't know if any of them are spares.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Tony, I saw your silencers last night and thought about a bid, but decided against because of the rattle and the fact someone else is already bidding. I wouldn't want to start a bidding race if I'm not sure they are what I want!
Regarding the switch though, I would appreciate it if you do have one. They may have been different on the strada-I don't know, but bet Paul Ev does-on mine the two screws went through the switch and into the clutch lever clamp. I could fit a modern switch but want to avoid that for now. Let me know if you have anything, please.

Steve
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Paul, yes twin discs would be nice, but mainly (and quite sad :oops: ) I want it to look like a sport, even if only one disc! So the strada slider is annoying me. Andy has fitted a master cylinder from a guzzi with the same idea, but the brake still doesn't impress that much. Not bad but......

Silencers? here's a laugh! I spoke to NLM and the ones they had for £90 a pair.....are now £90 each. They just made a mistake when they priced them up! Thought it was good value, I just wasn't quick enough :cry: Like you say, ebay has it's uses.

Thanks for the tip about the tank necks, this is just the sort of lead I hoped to get via this forum. I'll be onto him. At least you didn't ask why? More saddo reasons I'm afraid, there is a perfectly servicable tank with nice paint already on the bike :roll: I'll sell that one then.

If a stand does surface, I still want one, missed one on ebay last week.

Steve