WANTED: left foot gear change conversion for 350/500 strada

raptor

WANTED: left foot gear change conversion for 350/500 strada

Post by raptor »

Hi does any one out there have the necessary components (links etc) to convert from right to left hand gearchange for 350/500 strada? or has anyone found a different method to change it..
Many thanks ....
moriniuk

Post by moriniuk »

I have thought about adapting the change over linkages from the later off road models or perhaps removing the centre stand and using the centre stand bolt holes as a way to support the change over linkage.

I really dislike the right foot gear change and all of the above was planned for my race Morini. I really believe that I could have gained valuable seconds with a left foot gear change. The race bike is a dormant project at the moment, but maybe one day I'll get around to doing this conversion.

H.
raptor

Thanks

Post by raptor »

Thanks for the reply..I have thought about having linkages made up if I cannot find any.. but need a new crankshaft for the 500 first..Oh dear!!
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

There are no specific kits/linkages available so you are on your own; you could use some bits from later off roaders etc but you will need to mod the frame and you would end up with off road type levers, not quite so delicate or dainty to look at. To me it always seems a lot of work for very little but then I swopped between my kanguru and strada when they were both working with no difficulty.
mantaray

Post by mantaray »

SupermotoDave wrote:There are no specific kits/linkages available so you are on your own; you could use some bits from later off roaders etc but you will need to mod the frame and you would end up with off road type levers, not quite so delicate or dainty to look at. To me it always seems a lot of work for very little but then I swopped between my kanguru and strada when they were both working with no difficulty.
euh ???
There are kits for 350 's.
Sometimes you'll find them on the German ebay.
I have seen 2 sets (in 3 months) selling around 20-25€
raptor

Post by raptor »

Hi thanks for that, I will have a look on Ebay Germany..It would be good if I could find some thing
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Well you live and learn. I've not seen them in 25+ years of Morini ownership.
mantaray

Post by mantaray »

The partlist
raptor

Post by raptor »

Thank you for that info ( parts list ) I will investigate..
mgill

Post by mgill »

Changing to the right side shifter was the first thing I did to my 3 1/2.
The left side setup was sloppy, unresponsive, and did not have any
"feal" when shifting gears.
MRC #2795