Braided brake lines

Maestro, SEI-V
Weeelp

Braided brake lines

Post by Weeelp »

Hi all,
My brake lines are getting spongy; time to change to either new rubber based or metal braided ones.
I have a Laverda 500 (unfortunately in bits) but remember when I "upgraded" to braided hoses on that I lost a lot of feel.
The Morini has basically the same setup I think (is that right?) -so I'm a bit concerned that the same thing will happen.
I absolutely love the brakes on the Morini; -I ride mainly on London streets and the feel is spot on; so my question is has anyone got braided lines? And if so did you loose feel?
Cheers all
Weeelp
Weeelp

Post by Weeelp »

Update:
The brakes feel fine with the braided hoses; -you have a lot more power and the bite point seems crisper. No loss of feel whatsoever. Highly recommended.
morinisport

Post by morinisport »

My 500 & 3.5 have always had braded lines - in each case put on by previous owners a long time ago!

Brakes perform pretty well but I think they do lack a little 'feel'.

BTW - which end of town are you based Weeelp - I see a few 500s around.
Weeelp

Post by Weeelp »

Live in Hackney; -work in Kings Cross; ride to Battersea once a week. -Don't get out of town much on the bike really but do try to ride to Ripon a couple of times a year then have fun in the lanes there.
I've not seen another 500 about at all; -mine is a "cosmetically challenged" Black/Red SEI but with early instruments and ally front gard. -You?
morinisport

Post by morinisport »

Hi Weeelp

Not dropped in to the forum for a while - I pass a red and silver 500 regularly parked up in Dalston which could be described as cosmetically challenged - but wrong colour to be yours.

Live F'Park work in Hackney, have early 500 red with 501 engine, 2:1 pipe otherwise looks pretty standard. Also have 3.5 but that ned to be put back together!

Let me know if you want to meet up.