Morinis invade Australia.

Maestro, SEI-V
sheddweller

Morinis invade Australia.

Post by sheddweller »

I thought I'd better join this forum after importing a 400 Dart, a 350Sport and a 500 Sei into Oz from Japan. I had been looking for a 500 Sei for years, and found these 3 within a few months on a Japanese auction site. There has only been one Excalibur on there in the 18 months since, so I was lucky. The 350 had been off the road for maybe 10 years and the 500 had also been sitting for a time. I got it going, but only did 1200 klms before it had a mild seizure in the front pot. I am currerntly waiting for a very expensive parcel to arrive from NLM, to put them back into service.
I wouldn't have taken on these bikes without NLM. Stuart has been fantastic with advise and info, and now that I have found the Treasure Trove of contacts and info on this forum, I'm looking forward to running Morinis into the future.
I would like to buy a complete Airbox for the 500 and a blue faced Speedo in Kilometres with Trip meter to fit to the 350. I'll put that in the Parts Wanted too.
I have done a coversion of the Gear change and (disc) Brake to the opposite sides in conjunction wth Tarozzi rearsets and am happy to post some photos if there is interest out there. I've done 1200 klms with it, and it has at least as good a feel as the original. The orignals can be refitted and there is only one 6mm hole in the swingarm pivot gusset on the rhs. that is different from stock.
This conversion hasn't made finding Neutral easy, but I am about to try shimming the clutch hub. I'd love to hear any other suggestions for this problem.
Thanks
Sheddweller
mantaray

Re: Morinis invade Australia.

Post by mantaray »

He sheddweller, they sell nice camera's too in Japan ;-)
Where are the pics ???
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

... still no pics ... a little boy waits ... lots of us, even! :wink:
MRC 3082½
alan j

Post by alan j »

Gear changes should be on the right!! an immutable law!-I know, having Morini's that are both left and right footed! :!: :!: -look forward to some "pics".