TrackDay 2011 recollections...

Maestro, SEI-V
mhsilverw

TrackDay 2011 recollections...

Post by mhsilverw »

Anyone got any photos from the TrackDay in 2011.
A friend was sure he saw a Honda, with what he thought was a Morini engine of some sort, tracking round but I dont recall this...maybe I was hiding in the cafe to avoid the rain!
steve pegg

Re: TrackDay 2011 recollections...

Post by steve pegg »

Hi,

I just came across your post whilst on a search for Honda/ Morini. I believe I have the 507 engine out of that bike currently happy in a Camel chasis. Did you get any response to your post as I would like to know what was done to the engine if anything? Needless to say I have lost the details of the seller.
So yes you did see a Honda Morini but it is no more they have gone separate ways.

"One Motto is not enough" Steve
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

If memory serves the owner was musician Bram Tchaikovsky. I think it was a Honda V4 400 frame NC24 or NC30.

David
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

I've just found a photo of it, I'll probably put it into the next ATG if I cannot fill it with other stuff

David
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

SupermotoDave wrote:If memory serves the owner was musician Bram Tchaikovsky. I think it was a Honda V4 400 frame NC24 or NC30.

David
Was he playing music with the v-twin?
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

Thanks Guys,

That's great any contact details? Its not responding to normal 507 Cam or ignition timing. Now I could have fouled up so conformation of those would be great I am pretty sure its has a L5 cam. All I wanted to do was replace the rotor side crankshaft oil seal and its become an epic.

"One Motto is not enough" though not so sure at the moment, Steve
norbert

Post by norbert »

I´m not sure that I really undestood the problem (supose in the end has nothing to do with de honda frame). The L5 cam normaly you find in motors marked with "R", that means Camel 501 and Coguaro501. The 501 motor of the Excalibur and New York are marked wich "C", what means a cam more lazy. If there is no response trying to start the motor, have a look at the rotor of the pickup, maybe you put it 180° wrong?

norbert