Wiring question

Maestro, SEI-V
kmamac

Wiring question

Post by kmamac »

Hi
After a few years of distraction I have decided to finish off the new wiring and get the old girl going. However, I'm confused but the wiring diagram. ( top tip, don't make 95% of a brand new circuit and then come back to it 3 years later and expect to 'just finish it off in an afternoon)
The handle bar switch shows a pair of white circuits coming to the 4 way connector. This makes a total of 5! On the other side of the sleeving it's even less clear what's going on. On the other side of the connector the diagram shows 4 two of which have changed colour. Man am I confused. Does the white piggy back together to make it a 4 way? I have did keep what was left of the old harness but the connector was cut off way before I ever go to see it.
I will try to upload an annotated circuit diagram to show my confusion.
Many thanks in advance.
Keith mamac
image.jpg
image.jpg (157.06 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
George 350

Re: Wiring question

Post by George 350 »

Hi Keith
I think you will find that on the old CEV switches the headlamp flasher switch has a separate wire from the main beam switch and that these joined when they got to the headlamp connector.(in fact all switches ran separate wires, one of the reasons that there is nearly 4m of wire and from memory 8 spade terminal connections and a multipin plug between battery and headlamp!)
It is quite easy to wire the switch internally and remove another 1/2m of ludicrously thin wire in the process, or do as I have (and at least one other member has now) and fit a Honda NSR125 handlebar switch and have decent sized, properly made switches that work in all weathers.

George F
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019