Choke lever

Maestro, SEI-V
jedforce

Choke lever

Post by jedforce »

Hi,I need a handlebar mounted choke lever for my `81 500 Sport,are they mounted on the clutch lever on the LH side or RH mounted on the handlebar?
'It must be a .....'

Re: Choke lever

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, on the 500 it's mounted under the clutch lever, there was also a handlebar mounted version that Harglo supplied as a kit to replace the individual carb flip up levers. I prefer the individual carb levers as the cables/junction box can stick in use. Hope this helps, Ian
ps On some Guzzis I've seen a combined junction box flip up lever.
jedforce

Post by jedforce »

it`s got the junction box and two cables to the carbs and the previous owner used a vicegrip to pull on the cable by the headlight-not really ideal and want something a bit more functional-so the one under the clutch could be a universal type or are they Morini specific?-like on ebay?
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi again, a universal choke lever will be easier to source - Magura or an Amal (air lever) British bike type are probably of better quality than the Morini one which has a plastic lever and is pretty basic, good luck
hendre

Post by hendre »

this is the guzzi type:
2 cables run out the back to the carbs
I have a few (without cables and with the lever broken), you can have one for postage cost (from NL)
the cables and lever can be obtained from any Guzzi dealer