indicators

Maestro, SEI-V
david

indicators

Post by david »

the indicators have been removed from my 1979 500 and i would like to fit new one but the wiring for the rear ones has been taken off
can anyone tell me the connections to make as the diagram in the manual is useless.
the flasher unit is still there so i just need where to connect the wires from the new indicators to :cry:
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Does this help ?

Wiring diagram
david

Post by david »

thanks for trying to help but i have looked at this diagram on the club site and it doesnt help me being useless at reading diagrams---what i need is someone to tell me in words of one syllable what to connect to where,not everyone is au fait with mcycle electrics
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I cannot help with the wiring now as it's dark and I am off to work. I had to fit indicators to my 350 as one rear mounting lug had to be rewelded to the frame.I decided to use modern lightweight and cheap indicators.They look reasonable.Much lighter than the old ones too.I had some disconnected wiring still tucked behind the rear light so just connected a feed to each side and ran an earth to the frame under the seat on each side.Covered the lot in heatshrink.Seems to flash a bit quick for my taste so maybe I need to look at replacing the flasher with one more compatible or put some resistance in the circuit. I hate not using the correct colour coded wiring but it isn't easy to get.
Unfortunately the idiot light wiring was cut off my loom by some idiot just before he realised what it was, I thought it was not needed, so I need to work out how to rewire this bit.
Not much help to you I am afraid.
david

Post by david »

thanks anyway