520 spprockets

Maestro, SEI-V
sheddweller

520 spprockets

Post by sheddweller »

I have seen a few references on these pages to 520 front sprockets, but I have been unable to find a supplier. NLM aren't listing them. Can anyone suggest a supplier, or does anyone have a 14tooth 520 sprocket for sale in as new condition? I know I can get a 520 rear as part of a Ducati Pantah conversion but any other ideas would be very welcome.
Cheers.
MarkB

Re: 520 spprockets

Post by MarkB »

Have you actually spoken to Rob at NLM? I got one from him about a year ago, and they also got some new rear 520 sprockets made up.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

I've bought 500 sprockets from NLM in 520 form in the past.

I've bought front sprockets from Sprockets Unlimited in the past, but their supplier has been rather slow recently. I do buy sprocket blanks from them to bore out and drill, nuch cheaper that way.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Two k for the milling machine, 250 for the pillar drill. Plus buggered blanks, 1k for the training course... Maybe cheaper to purchase as required?... :)
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

MickeyMoto wrote:Two k for the milling machine, 250 for the pillar drill. Plus buggered blanks, 1k for the training course... Maybe cheaper to purchase as required?... :)
I agree with that. I bought my first lathe a couple of years ago. Hadn't used one since school in the 60s/70s. Every week I produce tons of swarf. Only occasionally do I produce something I'm proud of.
And the sensible reply to the OP, ring Rob at NLM. There is more in stock and new stuff added more frequently than websites get updated. I bought 520 sprockets there in the past, and am about to go and buy more!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
sheddweller

Post by sheddweller »

Thanks to all for the responses. i just had an expensive parcel from NLM (Not complining about the price, they make Morini ownership possible) and should have asked about Front Sprockets, but assumed the parts list was current. Surely Morini can't be the only manufacturer who used that spline??. I was hoping there was a legit reason for changing over from the 2 flats on the 350 design!!
Cheers
Garry
Pat

Post by Pat »

I had a 520 set from NLM a few weeks back, drive sprockets were in stock, Stuart kindly took a brand new 44 tooth rear off the race bike for me as the rears were out of stock. I think they get them made in small batches with a 2-3 wk wait. Worthwhile upgrade for the slightly sweeter shifting.
'It must be a .....'

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, 501 Morinis use 520 sprockets/chain and have the same splines on the output shaft as the 500s.
Further the rear sprocket of a 501 Camel (520) will fit on a 500 road bike wheel.

Hope this helps, Ian
sheddweller

Post by sheddweller »

Thanks again for more helpful information. I did have my drive sprocket turned/ground down to 520 width and can confirm that those original sprockets are unbelievably hard!
I do hope to eventually convert to belt final drive, but want to be sure of my ratio choice before that step.
Garry