Instrument restoration

Maestro, SEI-V
Gary D

Instrument restoration

Post by Gary D »

Hi

Has anyone got experience of a good clock restorer? Mine are cable operated clocks off a circa '83 500 Strada. The rims are a bit dented & the faces could do with a reprint. Any information would be appreciated :D .

Thanks & best regards

Gary
George 350

Re: Instrument restoration

Post by George 350 »

Hi Gary,

While I have not had the faces redone on any of my redo's (when the glass came off they were perfect underneath), I have had new glass and bezels supplied and fitted by AE Pople in Frimley, Surrey. He has done 4 sets of clocks for me now and each pair has come back perfect.

Tip: take off the bezels and glass yourself, unscrew the clock mechanism and get the pots re zinc plated before you go for the new glass etc. Refit the mechanism with new screws and washers prior to sending them off.
When the job is complete, it will look like you have completely new clocks!

Regards,
George.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
vtwinguy

Post by vtwinguy »

Look at the Speedy Cables web site, I haven't used them yet but I've bookmarked them ready for a possible job on my speedo in the Autumn.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Many thanks for your replies folks & my apologies for the late post....it's been murder this last few days! Great tips though & I'll let you know how I get along.

Best regards

Gary