Non - Tarozzi Rear sets

Maestro, SEI-V
Gary D

Non - Tarozzi Rear sets

Post by Gary D »

Morning all!

Has anyone had anything to do with any non-Tarozzi rear sets for the 500? I've spotted some items on the Italian club site, but details are scant & the email address seems to be out of date. I'd welcome any views on any options available apart from the usual route.

Cheers

Gary
harrymuffin

Re: Non - Tarozzi Rear sets

Post by harrymuffin »

Having seen a number of Morinis with Tarrozzi rear sets all having been welded, I made my own. But, luckily for me I had at the time a WeeVee road racer to use as an example. Triangulate a plate of aluminium 5/16", drill out the swinging arm spindle(If you still have the iron bushes or even worse phosphor bronze bushes fitted then fit grease nipples to the actual arm or better still fit Iglidur bushes and forget ever having to lubricate. I am just rebuilding my 500 with these bushes and only replacing because it is dismantled; no wear on the spindle or bushes) and tap M8, counter sink the plate so that a counter sunk machine allen screw will screw in increasing location stability, the other locating screw can be either a hexagon or a allen cap screw and screws into the foot peg lug. Levers are then made using 1/4" plate and will be loosely 120deg 'L' shape with pegs for pulling or pushing with toes. Pegs can be adapted from everyday Jap crap but if you have access to a lathe and a milling machine then you can make alloy folding ones (only needed on the kick start side) and when all fitted use use spherical 1/4" ball eye ends and screwed rod to connect gear and brake levers. Being made of aluminium plate, if the bike should fall over, the system won't crack the plates as in Tarrozzis but only bend them at the most. If you want to see the set up on both my 500 sport and 507/350 then let me know and I will send you a photo. I do have spare pegs and plate templates if you want one.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Many thanks for your reply Harry! That's some detail you've gone into there & the offer of the templates & a pic are much appreciated. I'd like to take you up on them & will send you my contact details by pm. If the pegs are folding types, then I'd be interested in those too.

Cheers

Gary
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Well....PM isn't playing so here's the promised information below:

Hi Harry

Please advise me if I can assist with the costs involved in helping me out with the picture & templates. The Iglidur bushes sound interesting too. Did you just machine a pair up for your bike, or are there any that remain for purchase? If so, then I'd be interested.

My address is:

Gary Dexter
32 Arnold Rd
Stoke Golding
Nuneaton
Warks
CV13 6JG

Many thanks for your time & assistance.

Best regards

Gary
norbert

Post by norbert »

A few years ago I put some pictures of rear sets in the spanish forum. Maybe it´s useful like inspiracion :wink:
http://www.lamaneta.org/forolamaneta/vi ... =66&t=3943

ciao
norbert
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Good morning Norbert

Many thanks for the wealth of ideas in your link. I have a challenge in that I want to maintain the pillion footrests, as this will be my 2 up bike for the long suffering Jo. I've good access to machinists though, so once the idea is set the rest should be the easy bit. Room is very, very tight though & I can see through your link that many have gone before myself, in seeking an ideal solution.

Thanks again Norbert. There will be more news on the Dart tank soon.

Best regards

Gary