How long is a peice of string?

Maestro, SEI-V
Steve Brown

How long is a peice of string?

Post by Steve Brown »

And even more interesting, how long is a Morini 500W? Is it the same as a 76 350 Sport/Strada for instance? Would it be safe to assume the kinky frame models are longer as well, or do the wheels still end up in the same place? My reason for asking? Will a 500W fit in a Peugeot Expert van?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
harrymuffin

Re: How long is a peice of string?

Post by harrymuffin »

The 500's have a longer rear swinging arm by about 2" which makes them slower turners and not as quick through 'S' bends. The frames are wider from the rear of the engine top rail and seating tubes but reduce at the extreme rear down to the 'normal' smaller bikes. I have had no problem swapping very short rear swinging arm 350's with the longer 500 Maestro or with the K2 versions. Overall lengths from front wheel to rear number plate I have not noticed any difference.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

harrymuffin wrote: Overall lengths from front wheel to rear number plate I have not noticed any difference.
Thanks for that, it's what I was hoping to hear. If I get a chance soon I'll pop over to NLM with my tape measure :)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Ming

Post by Ming »

I was always told that How Long was a Chinaman... :wink:
norbert

Post by norbert »

I think it´s about 2,10 m from wheel to wheel with a a normal 350 frame and swingarm