Maestro, SEI-V
MickEa64

Post by MickEa64 »

Just purchased my first Morini 500 a 1980 model, wanted one when younger.
Not been on road for three years, so just going over,

Two queries,

What is it about air filter, had one attempt to change and could not get out, going to try again next week, Any tips to make it easy?

Also I only have a side stand, should it have a main stand? As makes doing anything more difficult.

Learning a lot from reading posts.

Thanks..
Steve Brown

Re: New Member

Post by Steve Brown »

Welcome to the club, hope you find the forums useful-I'm sure you will! Yes, your bike should have had a centre stand, they can be found easily enough second hand too. If you do get hold of one there are a couple of points to watch for. The pivot bolt is inside a separate tube the should be loose inside the frame pivot tube. They are often rusted in place or lost when the stand is removed. Also the pivot bolt is a fine thread and screws into one side of the stand itself then has a locknut outside. You sometimes find the thread drilled out of the stand so the bolt can be inserted from the wrong side. The air filter is simple enough but a bit long winded by modern standards. You remove the whole thing from the bike then take out the little screws that hold the top to the base. Look after the airbox, it's worth keeping it!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MickEa64

Re: New Member

Post by MickEa64 »

thanks steve,

just found instructions on north west leicester motorcycles web page around air filter. seems difficult for what should be routine item..