The sidestand!

Maestro, SEI-V
EVguru

Re: The sidestand!

Post by EVguru »

Don't worry about the tyre. The rotation direction has to do with the way the join in the carcass is overlapped. Rear tyres are loaded most highly in acceleration, whilst fronts are loaded in braking. Morinis, being both moderately powered and relatively light, don't load their tyres heavily anyway.

I MOT'd a bike for someone a few years ago and the tester noticed the front was the wrong way round. He just said "It's fine on such a light bike".
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

EVguru wrote:Don't worry about the tyre. The rotation direction has to do with the way the join in the carcass is overlapped. Rear tyres are loaded most highly in acceleration, whilst fronts are loaded in braking. Morinis, being both moderately powered and relatively light, don't load their tyres heavily anyway.

I MOT'd a bike for someone a few years ago and the tester noticed the front was the wrong way round. He just said "It's fine on such a light bike".
I agree with the first bit but surprised if the second is in the MoT testers manual! :wink:
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

Must admit I am a bit confused about the discussion about the tyre - looking at the posted picture and the tread pattern and assuming these are roadriders then the front tyre is to my understanding on the correct way round. There are indicator arrows on the sides which show the pattern running direction is reversed from front to back (as fits EV Guru's explanation). I know this does make the front look wrong (to the eye) as I have had one bike shop fit a tyre in the way the eye perceives to be correct only be told it did need reversing to the correct opposite way to fit the arrows(if that makes sense) at its MOT.
thanks - Duncan
dunk
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

I think that the rotation arrows trump any "opinions" about the tread pattern.
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear - it was the bike shop fitting the tyre who put it in the wrong direction - not at my request - but I then didn't notice it had been fitted the wrong way round as the way they fitted it went with what you naturally expect and this is how I am seeing the tyre in the photo it looks "wrong" but is as far as I can see form my tyres and arrows the correct fitting - Duncan
dunk