Size of clutch nut

Maestro, SEI-V
ringer

Size of clutch nut

Post by ringer »

Have reached the point where I can undo the clutch nut (got past the broken stud without too much bother). I have measured across the flats of the nut and make it 25mm. I don't have a 25mm socket so have been looking in all the local car parts shops. Can I find one at 25mm? Can I b***ery! Is there such a thing readily available? I have bought a 1 inch (25.4mm) socket which feels slightly loose - I think it will be ok to loosen the nut but am not sure if I ought to use it to refit the nut - don't want to risk rounding the nut or not fixing it tight enough. What does everyone else use?
Nick - 1979 500 Strada
ortonpaddy

Post by ortonpaddy »

Hi.. I had same problem as you... finally got one from a small hardware shop on Melton rd in Leicester.. (I think it was Melton Ironmongers, 102-108 Melton Road, Leicester, LE4 5ED 0116-266 2690) .Also If you have a look on ebay there are quite a few people selling odd sizes of sockets.. Hope this helps
ringer

Post by ringer »

Thanks for that Paddy - I did check ebay after I posted my request and have already ordered a 25mm one, which hopefully will arrive today. Anyone want an unused 1 inch AF socket?
Nick - 1979 500 Strada