Suppliers and support

Maestro, SEI-V
hotngone

Suppliers and support

Post by hotngone »

On Saturday 20th Feb. I'll take delivery of my first ever Morini, a 1980 500cc. I'm in Asheville, NC, USA. Is there a register of USA owners ? I have every reason to believe the bike is in great shape so I'm not overly concerned about parts support at this time. However, since I'm across the pond, do I have options for component part suppliers ? Seems to me that apart from any language issues getting stuff from Italy would make more sense than from the UK and yet I don't see anything referring to sources in Italy.

I'd love to find comprehensive service info. Does that exist ?

Regards
Steve Fletcher
BMW R1200GS
BMW R69S
Velocette KSS
Norton CJ350
Ming

Re: Suppliers and support

Post by Ming »

Hi. There is (or certainly was) an internet forum on micapeak with many US members. Herdan was a US importer who still has some spares.
I think there are downloadable manuals in the Members' area, if not I can give you a link to my copies of 'The Blue Book' and an early copy of the UK importer's workshop manual (for the 350, but mostly the same).
hendre

Post by hendre »

I have some 500 stuff digitally... partnumbers are always good if you have to order stuff (at https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/morini-parts.html f.e.)
AntietamClassicCycle

Post by AntietamClassicCycle »

Hi Steve. No US registry of owners that I know of. Herdan has very little left of commonly needed parts. Mdina Italia in the UK is where I buy most of my parts from. If you use Facebook, join the Moto Morini Motorcycles group there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/motomorinigroup In the "Files" section you'll find some useful documentation.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

As above, and it may be useful to know there are parts in common with other Italian bikes of that era.

DD
MRC 3082½