Square nuts sir?

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Steve Brown

Square nuts sir?

Post by Steve Brown »

I want some square M6 nyloc nuts for the forks on my Camel project. Anyone know where to get them, please? I can see plenty of plain square nuts but the originals were square and for a good reason-hexagons would be a pain in the neck to use here.
Someone must have them and someone must know, surely? :?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
morini_tom

Re: Square nuts sir?

Post by morini_tom »

Not sure about square nylok nuts, but have you considered turning the problem around-

An M6 bolt with a 'tuflok patch' combined with a plain square nut would do the same job and be easier to get.

If you've ever undone anything treated with tuflok before you'll know it's intriguing stuff- it's like undoing a bolt against incredible friction but with none of the 'will it shear' panic of a conventionally thread locked bolt.

And tuflok is fairly reusable too.
Steve Brown

Re: Square nuts sir?

Post by Steve Brown »

morini_tom wrote:Not sure about square nylok nuts, but have you considered turning the problem around-

An M6 bolt with a 'tuflok patch' combined with a plain square nut would do the same job and be easier to get.

If you've ever undone anything treated with tuflok before you'll know it's intriguing stuff- it's like undoing a bolt against incredible friction but with none of the 'will it shear' panic of a conventionally thread locked bolt.

And tuflok is fairly reusable too.
No Tom, I haven't heard of Tufloc! That does sound a decent solution so I'll get googling-thank you very much. My only other preferred short term option is plain nuts and wire-locked pinch bolts. I'm off to start the search, I may be some time...
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.