Fuel lines Kanguro X3

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Firingonone

Fuel lines Kanguro X3

Post by Firingonone »

Having recently acquired an X3 , I have had the tank off but now coming to reconnect everything I cannot work out where the second small diameter tube from the right side petrol tap should be connected to or what it is for. (Part NO 140757 helpfully labelled tubo nero in my parts book)
Compared with my '75 Strada there appear to be an abundance of drinking straws coming out of the carbs going into the airfilter what are they for ?
The left fuel tap has been replaced with a standard single tap with no electrical connections.
I have had it running with a remote reservoir and hope to be on the road in the next couple of weeks

PS Julianharty I feel your pain. I found the http://www.rigacci.org/rec/moto/userman ... wiring.gif wiring diagram closest to mine but with a 5 pole ignition switch
'It must be a .....'

Re: Fuel lines Kanguro X3

Post by 'It must be a .....' »

Hi, it is a vacuum operated tap and as on the 501 Camels and 'tubo nero' is the vacuum pipe which it is connected by a T piece to the carb balance pipe; should be similar to the Kanguro?
The abundance of small pipes are air/overflow pipes connected to the float bowl chambers and can be left alone, go to atmosphere or removed from the elbows if you wish (don't plug the holes).
Hope this helps, good luck
Ming

Post by Ming »

As said above, the vacuum to the right-hand tap tees into the balance pipe between the two carbs.
The left-hand 'electrical' tap was a low-fuel indicator with an internal float, feeding the low fuel indicator light.
Firingonone

Post by Firingonone »

Thanks for your help. Wish I could upload the picture . The T tube arm has been attached to one of the other carb breathers on the same side hence there was no "spare " end to join to the tap on the tank. Obvious when you know! One step closer to back on the road.
Firingonone

Post by Firingonone »

Thanks for your help. Wish I could upload the picture . The T tube arm has been attached to one of the other carb breathers on the same side hence there was no "spare " end to join to the tap on the tank. Obvious when you know! One step closer to back on the road.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

How odd that Ming mentions an electrical tap on the left of the tank as my Kanguro X3 has a similar tap with the internal float (I presume as I've got the electrical connector but I've not removed the tap to check). Anyway, as Ian mentions the third smaller black tube is the vacuum connection that goes to the tap on the right of the tank (assuming you've still got the vacuum tap fitted). It should push on to a suitable, connection on the tap, significantly thiner than the one for the petrol pipe. On my X3 the thinner connector has what looks like a thin, black plastic tube about 1.5cm long presumably to make the fit tighter. If you don't have/use the vacuum tap then I'd recommend removing the T-piece and the black tube that should come from that tube & simply fit a balance pipe between the 2 carbs. Otherwise your carbs will be sucking in air and the bike's unlikely to run well.

I can email photos of the setup and the vacuum tap if that'd help. Or if someone can explain how best to post photos here I can add the photos here.
Haboola72

Post by Haboola72 »

Bear in mind the main fuel supply is from the right vacuum tap and your non standard reserve is on the left . Might be good to check the reserve feed pipe inside the tank is shorter than the other side. It may save embarrassment later...!