Back on the road.

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Butch

Back on the road.

Post by Butch »

I used my Camel just once over winter and despite washing all the salt off as soon as I got home it all turned into a kind of brown fused lump. Finally got around to cleaning up, and it started with not too much undue fuss and breezed through the MOT – advisory for misaligned wheels was all. Wire brushed the back box over the weekend and sprayed it over with some more heat resistant black last night.

On other observations;
The ride to the MOT station was the first since my last clutch shimming attempt when I reshimmed for a difference of around 3 thou from previous. It is still a bit draggy. From everything I’ve read, my bike is way too sensitive on this score. My guess is that there is something more fundamentally wrong with the primary drive behind the next case in.
There is no way I will ever be able to start the bike from cold whilst astride it and using my left leg, although it is manageable once warm.
I’m going to use it pretty much just for off roading forays from here on.
After which I might yet get shot of it at the end of the year and replace it with an older, ‘interesting’, Japanese twin shock trailie. Maybe an SP.