OK, who wants a...

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
Steve Brown

OK, who wants a...

Post by Steve Brown »

Speedo cowl for a Mk1 Camel? Replica in fibreglass (black and finish as original) need holes for idiot lights and fixing screws fitting. Easy to buy your own holes locally. £45 plus post, guaranteed satisfaction. PM me in an orderly fashion over there please.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Iv4n

Re: OK, who wants a...

Post by Iv4n »

Hi just joined MRC ive just taken ownership of a MK3 camel and need some side panels is this something you can do and if so an approx cost.... thanks
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Iv4n wrote:Hi just joined MRC ive just taken ownership of a MK3 camel and need some side panels is this something you can do and if so an approx cost.... thanks
Sorry but I can't help you there. I don't make these bits, I had them made by Sforza racing in Lincolnshire. They are very good and very good value too.
devon wrinklie

Post by devon wrinklie »

Iv4n wrote:Hi just joined MRC ive just taken ownership of a MK3 camel and need some side panels is this something you can do and if so an approx cost.... thanks
I don't think you have a MKIII Camel unless you have one hidden away you didn't tell me about :)
I think the side panels you need for your 501 are similar to an X3 Kanguro.
Have a look on Facebook, The Morini Classified Page.
Les
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

Tempted Steve, but other more stressing parts are needed now. Is this something only on offer for a short time ? I could be in a position later on.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

rossguzzi wrote:Tempted Steve, but other more stressing parts are needed now. Is this something only on offer for a short time ? I could be in a position later on.
You say that now, Ross, but when you need a speedo cowl, it will be long gone, sayonara, baby! :shock:
DD
MRC 3082½
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Look in For Sale. There are some X3 parts in there... You'll be able to identify your bike, too.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Daddy Dom wrote:
rossguzzi wrote:Tempted Steve, but other more stressing parts are needed now. Is this something only on offer for a short time ? I could be in a position later on.
You say that now, Ross, but when you need a speedo cowl, it will be long gone, sayonara, baby! :shock:
DD
No need to panic chaps! Yes I currently have only two of these available (I over ordered!) but the makers still have the moulds and will make as many as you like to order-Happy days!

This is the same firm who made my replica sidepanels (Mk1 style) and yes, they have the moulds for those as well. The other good bit is that they will make them pre-coloured in any colour they have in stock. For example these speedo cowls are a nice satin black, not painted but pre-coloured gel or whatever the material is. My side panels I had done in standard white gloss, as per the originals.

The prices are excellent, the only bit of work you have to do is drill the small holes for the fixing screws and locating pegs.

So to be clear, I don't make these parts, they are replicas and I make no money from them. I just got it organised because I couldn't find any to buy and also because I'm a really nice bloke.
The makers are nice blokes too, they have a website with pictures and prices, a phone number and are based in Lincolnshire UK. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name/details too much in case it counts as advertising? Webmaster, moderators?
rossguzzi

Post by rossguzzi »

That`s great news Steve.
Many Thanks !
Iv4n

Post by Iv4n »

Thanks gents of course, Les thanks for putting me right Ive checked out the FB page you have recommended and sourced the panels needed, and thanks to an owner found out that the ignition switch from a honda Camino fits with little messing with wiring and very cheap....Im still trying to find the shield panel which fits around the yolk and tank to keep water spray out...plus a screen for the headlamp cowl
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Steve, I don't think it's advertising, more recommending a valuable source of parts for deserving Morini owners.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

MarkB wrote:Steve, I don't think it's advertising, more recommending a valuable source of parts for deserving Morini owners.
Thanks Mark, I thought I should ask as some forums are quite strict about that.