Tank Problems

Camel, Sahara, Kanguro, Coguaro
jb666

Tank Problems

Post by jb666 »

Having taken off the bodywork to try and find why the Coguaro won't run properly - checking for splits etc - I found a rather large bubble in the paintwork. On lancing the boil it was full of fuel. It looks as though the leak is from the weld on the mounting bracket.

Anyone have experience of getting tanks repaired? Also I may need Coguaro tank graphics - if they exist!!

John.
ivanca

Re: Tank Problems

Post by ivanca »

Not sure where your located but up here in t'north I used Richmond Classic Motorcycle Restoration in North Yorkshire to repair my tank from my sport. I had similar problems and Andrew did an amazing job to repair the pin holes in the very thin top panel and also replace the filler neck and then line the tank and complete the paint work including pin stripes . Looks amazing and the skill to complete this was amazing.
Have a look at the website or drop me a pm if you want more info. Cheers
3potjohn

Re: Tank Problems

Post by 3potjohn »

So another thing I have to look forward to. Just waiting for a magnet to come off the rotor...
I lined my tank using Por 15 as I have on all my bikes past and present. A crack or serious leak would need a proper repair though. At least you spotted it before a big fuel leak onto the motor. Is it under the front or the rear when ” prong” is?
My tank was repainted before I bought the bike. A “Cog “on one side and a ”Uaro” on the other to match the fairing.
I’ll check the receipts folder tomorrow in case there is some info, and check my tank too, when I can work up to it.
John