Tresette Sprint

Singles built before the Lambertini era
morinipete

Re: Tresette Sprint

Post by morinipete »

I was wondering who would spot the "non-501 Camel" creeping into the picture ! Anyway, 5 days and I'll be pulling the 500 out of the garage. Just in time for sheet ice I'd imagine ?

Pete
PS. Dave "80" refered to degrees
PPS. Enfields are pretty much perfect anywhere east of Istanbul. I don't know why anyone would bother with anything else. I was thinking of may be bringing out a Kanguro, but I simply don't think one could deal with the fuel here. With anything higher than 8:1 compression you run into problems (all the Ewan BMWs go home in crates, as their computers wont let them run on the dreadful petrol available here :) )
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

From Dave Minton's 'A Long Ride South'
Once over the border and into Baja, the temperature rose in direct inverse proportion to petrol quality. Pemex (an apt description if you care to juggle a while with the phonetic implications of the name) was generally available only in its 80 octane Nova rating. 95 octane Extra was rare. The Morini's Heron-type combustion chambers deserve their reputation for an ability to deal efficiently with poor fuel. Although a little over 11 atmospheres are squeezed into each combustion chamber "pinking" occurred on one occasion only. An interminably long incline and stiff head-wind proved too much for top gear to handle without the most abominable noises of protest from the octane-starved cylinders. The temperature was almost 130oF and the tyres were too hot to touch, but using fourth gear as the cruiser cured all problems and the Morini held a steady 65 mph without stress.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

80 degrees, no wonder there are pinking problems as the ignition should trigger for 72degrees.'