250T single

Singles built before the Lambertini era
n500

250T single

Post by n500 »

Not exactly a pre V twin model, but anyone else out there got the later 250 single, IE the one that's really half a 500?
I have a 1978 model on the road and one "box of bits" - well, in several boxes actually.

I got them about 15 years ago from NLM as unregistered projects and made one decent bike out of 2. Quite a nice bike once you're used to the clunky gearbox.
And massively economical at around 90 mpg!

One day I will get around to building the other one up..................

Neil
joolz

Post by joolz »

Hi Neil

I used to have a 250 single. I think it was R reg - metallic blue in colour. It was I think one of two brought into the UK for road testing - they certainly featured in a MCN or Classic Bike review. In researching its background I recall speaking to the importers (or maybe the journalist) who hinted that the bikes had been disappeared after a decision was made not to go ahead with imports. The one I had had eventually turned up in a shed in Brighton I think and then I bought it in Devon in 1983. Shortly after though the big end went. I stripped it down and slowly got on with rebuilding but eventually reached the limits of my ability and sold it in bits to someone from Northumberland. I've always wondered what happened to it - maybe you've now got it?!!
n500

Post by n500 »

Hi
Thanks for the interesting info. It's not the one I've got though. Mine was imported in 1994 if I remember correctly. They were unregistered and I registered one for the road - it had an s reg plate. They were both metallic blue (maybe all of them were?). One used to be a police bike used in parades / processions and came complete with a flagpole holder on the front fork!

I lent mine to a mate a few years ago who decided to "do it up" and aerosoled it red..... He thought he as doing me a favour. Anyway it was then aerosoled light blue........

I've only ever seen one other over here and that was at stafford Bike show a good few years ago.

Neil
buzby

Post by buzby »

There's one for sale in this months Classic Motorcycle- 1980 model silver blue £995 :o
n500

Post by n500 »

Thanks for the info - I was toying with the idea of selling mine actually but was going to ask nowhere near 995!
Neil

In fact I've decided to try and sell on the forum here - see the for sale section.....