Tresette parts on ebay Germany

Singles built before the Lambertini era
tremoto

Tresette parts on ebay Germany

Post by tremoto »

Hi,

Just to let you know if you have'nt already seen, there are tresette parts for sale on ebay Germany. Hope this is helpful to those trying to get the old beasts fired back up in time for spring.

Cheers to all
morinipete

Re: Tresette parts on ebay Germany

Post by morinipete »

Buyer beware !

That's Tursismo stuff. Not 100% inter-changeable with a Tresette.

Pete
tremoto

Post by tremoto »

Pete,

You are right, after a look at the head on offer it does seem different to later tresettes having what I presume is a different top end oil feed setup. Is this because it is from the very early 1st version of tresette that also had differing bodywork eg battery/toolbox etc before they took the more regular tresette look or am I wrong? (On the barrel shots the piston looks like a tresette type with the ring at the bottom of the skirt under the gudgeon pin). Hope you get back to me as it would be interesting to know the differences.

Cheers
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Are you in the club ???? If so I've covered a lot of the diffrences between models and the interchangeability in a few articles for the magazine over the last 3-4 years (I guess ?). Basically there is a lot of interchangeability (100% to be honest in the bottom end) with some things like the differences in compression ratios between models being as much to do with barrel lengths as piston domes, etc (hence I can imagine some horrifically high or low compression ratios if people badly mis-match top-end parts).
On the head oiling ony the real cooking versions (Turismo/Briscola) and Settebellos actually have direct feed, all the others using oil mist as on the v-twins. As such you can switch barrels between models, but putting an alloy barrel on a Turismo would block the oil feed to the head (as alloy barrels have no oil drillings) and might result in a hefty barrel flange oil leak if the pump is working well ! Also Settebellos and GTs have a spigot at the top of the barrel which fits into the head, which 1. makes them non-interchangeable, 2. not need head gaskets (they're lapped in like a Vincent) 3. actually restricts the valve sizes you can fit (hence you see a lot of racers in Italy with Tresette/ Tresette Sprint heads on). Anyway of you want more you'll find it in the club magazine :lol:
Pete
tremoto

Post by tremoto »

Pete,

I have been in the club and out the club more times than I care to mention. Just kept forgetting to renew mostly through sheer forgetfulness, I know several other Morini owners like that, must be working in London and get them back into the club and single handedly raise the circulation of A tutto gas by 10%. The the inevitable does happen during bike ownership....children, unsocial working hours, not enough time etc. has reduced me to an online presence. I must get my membership renewed soon for this year as I am intending to get back up to Cadwell if it can be managed on my tresette if I can finnish it. Thanks for the info on the bits' n bobs, as for parts I'll just have to go out again to Novegro if anything gets mullered. The latest hold-up other than time is currently disaster of disasters snow or spiders getting into my shed electrics. Know anything about spiders and RCD's?

(P.S. I can remember very well you in a flat cap if it was you wheeling your BSA 650 - 3 1/2 out of your van one Cadwell. Did it ever get finished in between your working abroad. Phil, (God bless) was highly excited by it all as we all were).
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Oddly progress on my own bikes is similarly delayed by an RCD, but I’m putting a new one in (perhaps tomorrow even ?) in a slightly bigger garage, so my many stalled projects can progress. I hope to have my own Tresette based bike on the track this year, so this is going to have to take priority over the BSA engined 3½ (though behind my main road transports - 500 Morini and 650 Triumph). It would be nice if we could get a few singles out at Cadwell, as I’d imagine Doug Ellis will have his Settebello as usual and there’s another guy with one who is also threatening ….We’d not cause any problem getting in the way of all the 1200s at least, as they never leave the car park anyway :lol:

The BSA (it’s actually a Devimead 750. The full close ratio-d, gas flowed, dogs wosname) has had a few niggles (oil blowing past the pump. Well actually oil pump blowing off !) so I’m resigned to stripping the engine down to its last nut and bolt again rather than just muddling through, as there’s far too much money in there to trash it on an oil problem. I’m realistic (though I will be in the UK most of this year) so will aim for Cadwell Park 2011 on this one………………... The flat cap’s still running fine though. ‘Considerably more mileage than the BSA to be honest, though I did do 14,000kms on my Enfield riding back from Nepal last spring (so my British bike riding credentials remain in tacked ……………as long as you count India as British that is, the map being ½ pink, and “the sun never setting”, etc !)
alan j

Post by alan j »

One day, Mr. Crawford, I'll bring my ancient "Vinnie" up to Cadwell and embarass myself by "chugging" round the track :!: :!: :!:
tremoto

Post by tremoto »

Pete,

Good old reliable flatcap - sounds you'll have company soon on the track with those BSA's and Vincents running rings round our underpowered singles and Vee's. Where's Arthur Farrow with his Vincent when there threatens to be more than one around!

Solved the RCD prob though, turns out it was a loose wire due to a grub screw falling out of a connector block and earthing every so often and evicted loads of spiders in the process.