Corsaro 19??

Singles built before the Lambertini era
bahbahq

Corsaro 19??

Post by bahbahq »

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums here but not new to my bike. I've had it for 18 years, it was my first bike. After sitting in storage for many years I finally dug it out and will be working on restoring it. I actually don't know too much about the bike because when my 12 year old self was riding it, I only cared about buzzing around and not about the bike's history.

Can anyone tell me what year it may be? I believe it is a 1968.
I am missing several components like the headlight assembly, taillight assembly, rear foot pegs, etc.
Any recommendations on where I can find parts?

I visited Herdan Corp. a couple weeks ago and was able to find a couple parts, but as far as the other items I am on my own.

I'll be creating either a blog or an extended thread here on the forums to document my efforts. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Attachments
DSC_0294.JPG
DSC_0294.JPG (256 KiB) Viewed 8285 times
morini500dave

Re: Corsaro 19??

Post by morini500dave »

Hi,and welcome to the forum.
Your bike does look as if it's a later 60's model.not certain about the paint sceme being original.You say you've tried Herden Corp,are you U.S. based? Most Italian Bike makers used proprietry parts from CEV,Aprilia etc some you will proberbly find Nos parts on the internet especially e-bay.I'm personally looking at Italian e-bay most days for parts for my Morinis.I recently bought a tail light and license plate bracket from Italy new item number 221292466188 the same seller has a complete headlight also new which is a little expensive but how much you want to pay would I suppose be how back to original you want her to be?

Hope this has been of help!
Dave.