Corsaro 1200 Italia

Show us your projects and restorations
Chips1953

Corsaro 1200 Italia

Post by Chips1953 »

This is a mini project that I wanted to do as the paintwork on my Corsaro was looking pretty tired.
The flyscreen (cupola) was chipped as the lacquer had not taken to the lower coats of paint. You have to spray lacquer when the finished coat is still damp for it to hold.
So I was prompted to start it when 3X were selling some used body parts on Ebay, I got a yellow rear seat unit which I stripped and sprayed red, as I had some left from the Camel 501 project.
I contacted 3X direct and asked if they had other parts available, but they only had new parts, so I made an offer for a red front mudguard and a silver and black cupola, which to my surprise they accepted.
So what had I got, just an idea to make the Corsaro my own without buying a new one from the factory, in my chosen colours.
I got red tank cover from Sicily, a small bike shop who were selling it on Ebay.it.
Well I had some white paint, left over from another project, so Why didn't I respray my original cupola white, but where to put the green?
When I bought the bike from 3X it had Gel seats and the original front seat and a fibre glass modification the rear seat to make it into a hump. Why not cover the seat with a green vinyl. So I got some boat quality vinyl from the net and stripped the original rider and pillion cover and had a go at recovering them.
You can reover any plastic based seat like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi6lDifsazs

I couldn't do the strap as Christines sewing machine wouldn't take it.
Next I got replacement logo for the cupola from ultimate on Ebay and sprayed the cupola white. It looked a little bare so the decals were added.
I am still not sure that I have done enough, but I'll have a good look at it when we get some sun.
At least I have all the original stuff to make as it left the factory.
The tank is black under the cover.
Attachments
corsaro italia.jpg
corsaro italia.jpg (121.1 KiB) Viewed 10989 times
corsaro italia 1.jpg
corsaro italia 1.jpg (89.19 KiB) Viewed 10989 times
corsaro italia 2.jpg
corsaro italia 2.jpg (80.02 KiB) Viewed 10989 times
Last edited by Chips1953 on 27 Mar 2013 17:12, edited 2 times in total.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Daddy Dom

Re: Corsaro 1200 Italia

Post by Daddy Dom »

Very nice, sounds like it was a satisfying project. Is the green really as green as it looks? :shock:
Dom.
MRC 3082½
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Daddy Dom wrote:Very nice, sounds like it was a satisfying project. Is the green really as green as it looks? :shock:
Dom.
I took the photo with flash so it will be enhanced, but to be honest I was inspired by my 501, as the blue of the seat is in sharp contrast to the red of the body work.
When I have finished the exercise then hopefully it will look really worthwhile having done it and not just to see if I could.
Thanks for your interest. :)
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Kermit the Frog in a liquidiser?
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

That's a good one, :D , made me laugh. :lol:

I was thinking Ninja Turtle myself, but you'll know it's mine, and there will only one like it, for a while.(too Oriental though)

Let's see what you've got up your sleeve? Rivets and all?

Had to edit this, cause I just thought about you on a Pink, perhaps, Excalibur? (white even, then they won't see you in the snow.) :twisted:
Attachments
how-to-draw-raphael-from-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.jpg
how-to-draw-raphael-from-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.jpg (83.74 KiB) Viewed 10927 times
Last edited by Chips1953 on 29 Mar 2013 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Just attaching the tassels to the sleeves now. I have the beer gut, just need the attitude... :P