Benelli/Morini hybrid.

Show us your projects and restorations
morini500dave

Benelli/Morini hybrid.

Post by morini500dave »

Hi all.
I've been building a hybrid bike comprising of a 1981 Benelli 125 Turismo frame and 1960's 125 Corsaro engine.It's taken me since Chistmas 2012 to get it to a mot test which it passed on Monday.I have tried to upload some photos but they seem to be too large info wise.so can I direct those that are interested to go to youtube and search under my user name morini500dave for a short film.

Thanks Dave
George 350

Re: Benelli/Morini hybrid.

Post by George 350 »

Dave,

Really nicely done, It looks good enough to have come from the factory like that! What do you call it? A Morelli? A Benini? As the small Moto Guzzi's of the time were the same as the Benellis, a Moto Guzzini?
Hope it rides as well as it looks.

George.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

very good Dave, nice looking bike and very good you tube films. Pete. :D
morini500dave

Post by morini500dave »

Hi all.

Thanks for the compliments.She had'nt been taxed since 1988 so I took the registration document to the mot.Still registered as a Benelli but the model is now a Corsaro! the mot tester said the dvla like a model name for identification,so as she has corsaro on the side covers that's what he put on the mot certificate,he complimented that it was a pretty bike and wouldn't have known that it was two different bikes which is what I wanted looking like a factory model.She's an on going project and riding her some more may reveal some other modification that may be needed.

Thanks Dave.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Nice!
Berini? Morilli? Moto Menelli?
DD
MRC 3082½
morini500dave

Post by morini500dave »

Hi All.
An update to the work I'm doing on my hybrid.At the moment a 17" rim for the rear wheel is being done,original is 18",this will allow me to get more clearence between the rear mud guard,I'll fit longer shocks when I have the wheel fitted with a tyre.Because the exhaust pipe runs inside the frame and very close to the tyre I'm going to re-route the down pipe under the engine with a silencer from a later Corsaro sport which I hope to mount as per the Corsaro country exiting 30-45 degrees,and lastly bore out to around 145cc.Sorry I'm unable to upload any photos but there's a picture in the latest ATG which I was surprised to see :o

Dave.