eBay GP Dec 2016

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
toggy

eBay GP Dec 2016

Post by toggy »

Hi all
Anyone here selling this bike ? /2008 £4850 ,see description,I'm tempted ,3rd time lucky ? Lol.
Item number 132036533652

I BOUGHT THIS ON EBAY JUST OVER A YEAR AGO. IF ANY OF YOU VIEWED THIS BIKE AT THE TIME YOU WOULD NOT RECOGNISE IT NOW. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS, GOOGLE IT OR PHONE ME ( 07795471581 ) I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WHEN THE BIKE CAME OUT OF THE BACK OF THE VAN - FILTHY AND EXHAUST AND ENGINE BADLY CORRODED HOWEVER I RAN IT WITHOUT FAULT ALL LAST YEAR. BEING FUSSY IN JULY I ACQUIRED A 6000 MILE OLD ENGINE WITH SERVICE BOOK IN PERFECT CORROSION FREE CONDITION. SO WITH AN ENGINE CHANGE ALL NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH GPR CAN, NEW MORINI CHAIN AND SPROCKETS, ALL REAR WHEEL BEARINGS REPLACED, ALL BRAKE PADS LESS THAN 2000 MILES IT LOOKS AND PERFORMS AS IT SHOULD . IT ALSO HAS A RAPID BIKE EVO KIT FITTED - AS IF IT NEEDED IT !! THE SPEC ON THESE BIKES IS VERY HIGH, BREMBO BRAKES, MARZOCCHI FORKS, OHLINS REAR SHOCK ETC.

I AM SURE THERE ARE THINGS I HAVE FORGOTTEN SO PLEASE CALL, I MAY P/X ! THESE BIKES LOOK LIKE AN ADVENTURE BIKE BUT GO AND SOUND LIKE A DUCATI. MECHANICALLY THERE ARE ULTRA RELIABLE AND QUITE RARE.

WHY AM I SELLING - JUST TIME FOR A CHANGE :-)
corsaro chris

Re: eBay GP Dec 2016

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Toggy;

Sounds good and not too far away from you - worth a look if you're after another GP, and that's a good choice to go for! White panels and red frame always a nice scheme, and echoes the early Camel...

Good hunting!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
mort9555

Post by mort9555 »

Hi,

Sorry for my slackness but did this sell? I saw this but didnt follow it

cheers.
toggy

Post by toggy »

I was watching the listing and it has ended ,I assume it's sold .
Item number 132036533652
mort9555

Post by mort9555 »

Ok...Thanks Toggy.
oilburnerbike

Post by oilburnerbike »

Hi All,

I bought it!

New to Morini ownership and the forum so getting up to speed with the little quirks that all Italian bikes have. Got a fair few other bikes and pretty good with spanners and electrics, not so good with ECUs and plugging PCs in. :?
Things I've noted so far.
Poor cold running until about 70C shows on the dash.
Engine Management light comes on when you put the heated grips on!
Engine management light comes on occasionally, but then I've only done 100 miles.
Start button had stuck in (but not obviously) so restarted itself when I stalled at traffic lights, bit of a surprise. Also restarted itself when I turned it off then back on again.
Brake are much better than my Caponord 1000 that has the same calipers / disc sizes. Back brake works very well!!!!!!
Not a quick as I was anticipating.
Very tall!!!!!

All advice welcomed.
toggy

Post by toggy »

Sounds about right ,welcome to the club .
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Oilburner eh? Hopefully not with the GP :wink:

Welcome to the Forum, and hopefully the MRC as well - where are you based? There's lots going on, from a trip to Normandy over Easter, Bristol Italian Auto Day in May through Cadwell Track day in June and then an off-road bunk house near Alston during the late Summer...

I guess speed on the GP is relative - an indicated 75 comes up at 4,000 which is a good steady cruising speed, with legal thrown in for good measure. Rev through to 7000 and if the screens too high it might wiggle a little. It'll wheelie off tick-over in 2nd, and still do better than 45 mpg while you're enjoying all that (even two-up with luggage).

There is (was) a lower seat option, but you might have that already. The newer bikes use the same fixings, so the factory could probably still fix you up with one - and there is also a different sized rear wheel / tyre combination if height is a problem. But basically, if you're enjoying riding it, everything else pales in to insignificance. All us GP riders really ought to fix up a meeting, the most I've ever seen on the road together in the UK is 4...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Delhispearman

Post by Delhispearman »

Yes, welcome fellow newbie. It sounds as if you are already experiencing the varied wonders of GP ownership. Though I have not experienced the auto engine start facility. Was it an optional extra? :)
Mine seems to fuel ok when cold but certainly improves when warm, then I only get the occasional 'no reason at all' stall. But that can catch me out due to the high seat height.

I have to ask this, does your throttle rotate further forward than you expect?

Interestingly the price of GP ownership in Italy is upwards of 6000 euros but there are plenty about. See Subito.it.
Have even seen some on the roads when I have been out on the KTM. (Hush my mouth!)

Ride safe.

C-c-c-ciao.
oilburnerbike

Post by oilburnerbike »

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

I go to the Bristol Italian day every year so will be good to meet some of you there. Based in Swindon so do the Calne bike show and Cassington too.

Re throttle Delhispearman(!), yes it does, just went out and checked. It hasn't done it on the road. My Triumph Speedtriple (early one - 1996) does it too, but I again I hadn't noticed, it was my mate who found out but he's a bit aggressive with the controls.

I dropped the front forks 25mm and wound the pre load off the rear spring just to see what would happen, feet flat on the floor! Not ridden it yet to see what affect it has on the handling, might speed the steering a bit, which would be no bad thing.

Still got a couple of cosmetic things to sort out as the tank plastics have had a bad repair in the past. I guess panel and the like are like rocking horse poo?

I've seen some wheels on fleabay that look interesting for the ultimate super motard conversion (120/70-17 front and the 180/55-17 rear). Not cheap though. I'll leave any thoughts of that until I've had a chance to ride it properly when the weather turns better. Probably just leave it alone!!!!

Got a few other bikes, need a serious think about what's in the garage as I've officially run out of room!

Being a bit of an IT dummy, how do you upload pics?

Cheers all.

R
toggy

Post by toggy »

Click on upload attachments,then choose file .taadaa!
Attachments
20151129_223441000_iOS.jpg
20151129_223441000_iOS.jpg (111.76 KiB) Viewed 21894 times
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi All;

So, the photo was taken at a Poole Bike Night a few years ago - we had 4 GP's together that day...

It's the 80th year of MM this year, and so I understand that we are the 'featured marque' - it's be nice to get some of the new ones together for that and ride in at the front of the queue! There's a notice on the MRC web site with details, and I'm sure they'll mention it in ATG as well. Usually a get-together at PieMinster as well, so a good day out!

On cold running - the new engines are sensitive to cold running; I've found it's best to let the engine get up to about 40 before pulling away, after which everything should be fine. Might even get out on mine later this week, as the temperature is threatening to move away from the minus range soon :shock:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Poole or Brissol? :)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Well spotted Mike.

I was, of course, referring to the BIAFM ride in at Bristol there... Although it would be nice to have a gathering or two at Poole as well?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"