Slipping APTC clutch, Service manual/info for 2012 Corsaro

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franco82

Slipping APTC clutch, Service manual/info for 2012 Corsaro

Post by franco82 »

Hi guys,
I have 2012 Corsaro and there are some differences compared to service manual I have. Right now I have problem with slipping clutch. I checked the clutch master and slave cylinder, replaced clutch fluid and the clutch is still slipping. I will replace the engine oil as a last attempt to fix the problem without opening the clutch itself and checking the plates.

Here is the problem, the service manual I have is for original/older version with classic clutch. I should have improved antihop APTC clutch (it is made by Adler) and dont know, if there is any big difference checking the plates as there is antihop device. Maybe there is even some way to adjust the ATPC clutch. But with no updated manual, I have no clue.

Does anyone have access to new documents or experience with slipping ATPC clutch?
Thanks
MickeyMoto

Re: Slipping APTC clutch, Service manual/info for 2012 Corsa

Post by MickeyMoto »

What oil are you using?

Should have JASO MA standard.

Apart from that, no other ideas.

Mike.
floydsveloce

Post by floydsveloce »

franco me ol' china
No experience myself on this one , but maybe have a chat with north Leicester motorcycles or moto corsa. I have a 2009 veloce and mine has always behaved itself ! Alternatively you could always email the factory ??

floydy
franco82

Post by franco82 »

The oil is the same fro first km. It is (Agip) Eni i-ride 10w60.
I have found, that Surflex is offering kit for the clutch. But it is for the standard version and I have the ATPC, that seems to not have any oem alternative. The ATPC clutch is made by Adler and they will not sell me any parts and directs me to MM factory. This is similar situation as with oil filters.

My first step was asking the price from local official importer and the price was something like 450Eur. I find this quite a steep price...
lakoslegal

Post by lakoslegal »

Hello!

http://www.ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&start=15

Please read thoroughly! You can find the solution.
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will take the clutch out and look if it is somehow worn out. If there is no big damage, I will soak the plates in diesel overnight, as this helped some people. If problem persists, I will try to find stronger springs. And the kit from factory is still last resort for that price
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Ok, here comes the surprise! I opened the clutch cover and I was looking on the standard clutch. Not the aptc one. I had mixed feelings, because I bought the bike from factory supposing it has the newer version. On the other hand, there is aftermatket clutch kit from surflex available for the older one.

Nevermind. I took the clutch out and plates are in perfect condition, some steel plates are slightly coloured, but nothing terrible and not complete blue...
I cleaned the clutch in petrol, scraped the steel plates with sandpaper, soaked the friction plates in oil overnight and took a test ride.

And the problem is completely gone. Hope it is not just temporary...
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Please post if you manage to find stronger springs that fit. I can only find replacements with the same spec. I too have a slipping clutch although not seriously (you really have to give it the beans in the higher gears for it to let go). I will first try your petrol and sandpaper method. I thought also about making some top hats to preload the clutch springs. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Totally crap idea?
torque

Post by torque »

Surflex do a red spring part no sxsm119/6 12% stronger I think benellis use the same clutch .Ther is a benelli dealership in doncaster who supposed to be top notch the might know or there is a german firm special bike parts that sell them or contact surflex direct That is all
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Excellent. Thank you John. Very helpful.