Show us your projects and restorations
Ming

350 Strada rebuild

Post by Ming »

350Sport.jpg
350Sport.jpg (28.22 KiB) Viewed 14285 times
Strada resize.jpg
Strada resize.jpg (157.69 KiB) Viewed 14285 times
This started many years ago as a 'Sport' bought from NLM, after several years I dveloped back problems and in a brainstorm decided to return it to the original Strada spec (big mistake!) 8 years later I've finally got her running again (no big deal, she was in big bits all that time, but I'd not been well - no really). Still have the electrics to redo, instruments to mount, but with a few minor tweaks she's starting easily and ticking over steadily.
Before and after photos (the airbox is now fitted, tank and headlight were put on for the pic)
texaskitty

Re: 350 Strada rebuild

Post by texaskitty »

It's looking good and the Strada spec might be more practical.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Well, here she is after about 10 years of neglect and apathy (caused by a chronic illness - now in remission).
I finished the rewire and reassembly of various parts, re-registered, then insured this week followed by a test ride this morning, from which I returned with a big grin and the desire for longer trips.
Strada Faverolles1.JPG
Strada Faverolles1.JPG (169.72 KiB) Viewed 13166 times
Strada Faverolles2.JPG
Strada Faverolles2.JPG (167.37 KiB) Viewed 13166 times
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Very nice. Just needs an electric start to be perfect eh ? ;)
Ming

Post by Ming »

Thanks - well perfect would be electric start and left hand gearchange, but at the moment I seem to have the carbs somewhere near right and she only takes a couple of kicks, so should be OK for the near future, anyway.
Next on the blocks is a BSA Bantam, then on to the 250C2 - I'll send you my UK address for the spacer (and maybe the stand), but no rush.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Thanks - well perfect would be electric start and left hand gearchange, but at the moment I seem to have the carbs somewhere near right and she only takes a couple of kicks, so should be OK for the near future, anyway.
Next on the blocks is a BSA Bantam, then on to the 250C2 - I'll send you my UK address for the spacer (and maybe the stand), but no rush.
Mepstein

Post by Mepstein »

Congrats! Looks great