Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
Ming

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by Ming »

Welcome from me, too. I second the previous comments. Also a Morini (350 or 250) is comparatively light and easy to manage when stationary.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Ming wrote:Welcome from me, too. I second the previous comments. Also a Morini (350 or 250) is comparatively light and easy to manage when stationary.
There looks to be quite a nice 250 for sale on Ebay right now. I'm sorely tempted to add to my collection - though I'd keep this one standard (unless I could find an e-start set somewhere to graft on for my ultimate dotage).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202039135151
Papa Lazarou

Post by Papa Lazarou »

Manda wrote:Hi I am Manda, I live in Oxfordshire. I don't own a Morini or indeed any bike right now. But I have wanted a Morini 3 1/2 since the 1980s and I have decided that now is the time to pursue that dream, so I hope to be on the road by next year. I have joined to learn more before I purchase one. My husband is restoring a BSA A65 and we would like to take both on a trip to the Isle of Man!
My 350 is for sale.
Papa Lazarou

Post by Papa Lazarou »

Manda wrote:Hi I am Manda, I live in Oxfordshire. I don't own a Morini or indeed any bike right now. But I have wanted a Morini 3 1/2 since the 1980s and I have decided that now is the time to pursue that dream, so I hope to be on the road by next year. I have joined to learn more before I purchase one. My husband is restoring a BSA A65 and we would like to take both on a trip to the Isle of Man!
My 350 is for sale.
Manda

Post by Manda »

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, really appreciated.
I have been round the TT course in a bus, as a passenger in a car and as pillion but I am looking forward to riding it myself, it'll be one item ticked off my bucket list and it sounds like a Morini is a good choice to do it on.
There looks to be quite a nice 250 for sale on Ebay right now.
I have been watching that one, it looks good and I like the originality too, but I think I want a 350 because that was the one I wanted in my youth.
I am really just gathering information at present with the intention to buy later in the year/early next year.
However
My 350 is for sale.
that is very cute! I will pm you!
Long_Road

Post by Long_Road »

Hello, I’m Chris. Motorcycles are my passion and I’ve had two Morini 3 ½ Sports in my lifetime. The first was my first big bike after my Honda CG125 and it was too big a step up for me. Looking back I wish I’d kept it as it ran beautifully…

The second Sport is the special one in my ‘collection’, but it has never run right in the 10+ years I’ve had it. Seven years ago it melted the rear piston and then life and its responsibilities put me in the pillion seat. Well I have finally got it back together and running, but I must now build this bike into the Morini I know it can be. And, er, I may need some help.

Hence the username. This bike has been the slow burner, the one which I think will eventually become the favourite; but I’m going to have to earn it. I’m a self-taught home mechanic and so I know some things, not others. I think the Morini is reasonably easy to work on, but very quirky with it. A fascinating and beautiful bike.
Attachments
DPP_0001.JPG
DPP_0001.JPG (462.44 KiB) Viewed 23376 times
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Welcome Chris.

Stick with it. I've had my road Morini for 35 years now and wouldn't part with it. I'm sure you will get yours sorted to your satisfaction. Search the forum for any particular issues you are having. Poor idling is a pain. Despite hours twiddling with pilot screws and swapping jets, it may be down (as so often on a Morini) to ignition. Mine are both much more reliable idlers now they have NLM ignition modules.
Long_Road

Post by Long_Road »

Thank you for the welcome! Yes the idle is my issue at the moment, and always has been with this bike. I have been reading the forum and experimenting, and will post in the 3 1/2 section when I have some results. Just happy to hear that engine again at the moment.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Welcome Chris - stick with it: a nicely running 3 1/2 is a wonderful thing! There's plenty of good advice on here, and even more in the club (so if you haven't joined yet; Do!) And if you're in the West Midlands, NLM aren't far away...

Regards and good luck, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Is this why by you followed me to Germany?

New Forest?
West Midlands?
NLM?
Lost?

:)
Long_Road

Post by Long_Road »

Thanks for the encouragement guys. The New Forest is on the south coast, though I have been to North Leicester a fair few times. Last time I took the barrels in my rucksack for a 375cc rebore, riding my VFR. Backache, yes.
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Hi Manda, welcome to the forum
You are going to be like me and my other half - I have a Strada and he has a 1955 T110 and we go to the IOM. I've had mine for 23 years and still love it to bits. When I met Don he was mightily surprised how well it went after his T110 broke down (snigger) and we were two up on the Morini.

Keep looking and have fun, Judy
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Robin,
Here's a super moto Kanguro that was for sale a year or so ago. Scroll down to see the details. https://www.gumtree.com/p/morini-motorb ... 1169971458

All the best with your project.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Robin,
Here's a super moto Kanguro that was for sale a year or so ago. Scroll down to see the details. https://www.gumtree.com/p/morini-motorb ... 1169971458

All the best with your project.
P&S

Post by P&S »

Hello, My name is Paolo,I am from Rome.
I am an italian Moto Morini enthusiast,
I had mainly Morinis in my life.
A Corsarino when I was a kid, a Corsaro as a teen ager, two 3 1/2 GT ( what you call Strada)when I was young and two now that I grew up.
I did and I am doing a lot of traveling with my 3 1/2.
I went to Morocco and Turkey and twice to England in the past, and recently to Nederland and the Alps. Thank’s to Italian weather I can use my GT 1980 every day almost twelve month a year.( It has 110000 Km and the engine has never been touched)
I have been reading your forum for a while and I am pleased to see people from the country that built the most wonderfull motorbikes in the world so fond of the small italian jewel.