Club Strada ride report

The 3 1/2 forum
72degrees

Club Strada ride report

Post by 72degrees »

I just had the honour of riding the Club Strada away from the Classic Mechanics show at Stafford this afternoon.

The person who rode it up there reported a "terrible misfire at 4500 rpm". As Arthur suspected, I'd say it has a slight 'stumble' coming off the idle jets, which was easily ridden through. Otherwise it is delightful. I'd never ridden it before and haven't been aboard a Strada for 40 years, but it was like putting on a pair of comfortable old slippers.

I'll see what idle jets it has in, but I'm reluctant to fiddle too much because it idles so reliably.
Long_Road

Re: Club Strada ride report

Post by Long_Road »

I'd be very interested to know what witchcraft was performed to get it to idle reliably...
pedro

Post by pedro »

Paul Compton put on his wizards hat and his magic wand.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Long_Road wrote:I'd be very interested to know what witchcraft was performed to get it to idle reliably...
Have a look on youtube for lots more info: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +club+bike
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

It was lovely when I rode it (a couple of years ago now), with no hesitation through the revs.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I rode the bike for a few days a couple of months ago.I have never ridden another Morini apart from a brief go on a Kanguro,so was really happy to try a different bike. Mine is a 3 disc K model . I found the club bike brakes to be good except if a bit damp when the front was a touch grabby-but I have not ridden a front drum bike since my T150 or maybe my A65.
I could not resist trying some different jets to see if the hesitation could be improved.I think it was but I returned the carbs as I had received it.
I felt that the bike was real pleasure to ride-the upright stance was much nicer and relaxed.I found the kickstart easier than my long pivoting type to use on the bike and it felt so much less "plasticky." without the fibreglass seat and big side panels unit which I have.One might use the phrase purity of design.
The recently repaired speedo was working very well too.
Altogether a memorable experience.