Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
fredlabulle

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by fredlabulle »

I am 55 years old and motorcycle mécanic for ducati and now I work on moto morini 1200
fb
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

Hello - Robin here. mid fifties Englishman and new Scrambler 1200 owner. I live in Merseyside between Liverpool and Southport.

Bought it from Amore Moto in Whitchurch UK as a ex-factory bike from Italy so first UK registered owner. Just got the Scrambler a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love it. Been hankering for one for about 8 years and finally bit the bullet and paid the dosh. But a big v-twin takes a bit of getting used to after modern triples like triumph street triple and yam xsr I've had before.

This one is marked as a Scrambler Low on the italian docs. After speaking to MM Italy I think it is basically a Sport 1200 with scrambler clotes on. Best of both worlds! Lovely gold engine, 17inch front wheel with black spokes. Not sure how to post and image?

Happy sunny riding everyone.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Robin, and welcome to the Forum...

You'll love the engine and the bike, and the new Morini are fantastic bargains when bought like yours... Just watch the ethanol in the fuel tank, as the polyurethane can swell, especially with the sometimes dodgy fuel around your way - using super unleaded from reputable suppliers can help, I am told...

Good riding, and join the Club as well if you haven't already!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

Thanks for the welcome and advice. Tend to fill up at Tesco or a local BP. Will use super I think from now on. Cheers
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Robin; I tend to use BP, but check the content around your way...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

Here's the new Scramb with a couple of pals. She needs a name.
three italian twins.jpg
three italian twins.jpg (147.96 KiB) Viewed 11204 times
Butch

Post by Butch »

Liking the look of the Guzzi.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Great looking scrambler Robin.

If you’re at a loose end this weekend, come down to show it off at the Rally. Bit of a journey for you but good to get the running in done quickly!

Morini club international rally in Kent this weekend promises to be the biggest gathering of Morini folk in the UK this year.

I believe weekend ticket sales have closed but Saturday day tickets are still available on the day- but you could always try a cheeky email to the organisers to see if there is a space for you...

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/rally2018/index.html

Rally2018@morini-Riders-Club.com
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

sorry couldn't make the rally - too far. but will be out and about so will keep an eye on the events pages.
My mate made that guzzi from a california he bought. talented guy! He also did up his girlfriend's monster which is lovely.
jacks the lad

Post by jacks the lad »

Hello,
Acquired my very first Moto Morini (a 2c) just this week, a few things to do before I can use it, but I hope to have it taxed and on the road for August. Will report back once that is done.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Welcome Jack, that's a nice looking example you have there. There are a few more on the list, so we have our own slot on the forum, too. You can find some info there. I have a pdf copy of the owner's manual if you need one - it's in Italian but all the data is there.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello Jack, very nice, welcome to the club.
Regards Pete.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

We meet again John! Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your new acquisition.

All the best, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
jacks the lad

Post by jacks the lad »

Organized insurance, fitted a new cam belt this morning (a note in the paperwork that came with the bike showed the last one bought in 2012) before it got to be too hot to want to do anything. Next (once it's legal) is to take it for a ride, get it warm and change the oil. With any second hand machine there is no way of knowing when it was last done.
jacks the lad

Post by jacks the lad »

All legal now, took it for it's first ride, it's very different from the bike it replaced (a BSA c11g from 1954). First impressions it seem s a bit of a "Buzz Box" and the the foot rests are somewhat too high. Oil change and filter clean while the engine was still warm. Hope to go for a longer ride this weekend to get a better idea how every thing works.