New MMs

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
ShaunR

New MMs

Post by ShaunR »

I am now the proud owner of two Moto Morini’s, a 2017 Scrambler and a 2016 Granpasso R. Both have been decatted, remapped and de-lambda’d. Both are fricken awesome, rev monsters that are a hoot to ride and exceptionally well mannered at low speed. Very much unlike my previous Granpasso that was somewhat unpredictable at low speed and eventually threw me away on a fast corner. I loved that bike, the way it handled, the engine, yes even the looks but after the accident I lost confidence with it. This was not helped by its prodigious height. Well the new ones have all the great bits of the old bike and much, much more. The GPR is so much lower and impeccably behaved at all speeds. Both bikes have engines that clearly breath and rev so freely that they knock spots off the various V twin Ducati’s I have had, including the Multistrada. Both bikes behave, I believe, in the way MM intended. Both bikes were supplied by the very helpful and easygoing, Ben Wylie at Amore Moto. He loves his bikes, does that man, and his enthusiasm for the brand deserves recognition.
I will keep you posted on developments. When I work out how to add pictures, I will do so
Painter

Re: New MMs

Post by Painter »

Hi
Congratulations for getting back on not one but two morini’s.
I contacted the people at Amore as they are quite local to me, it’s such great news to have a morini dealer to go to again, for support etc.
Where did you get the remap from was It Amore and did they supply the Decat pipe, as I have been trying to get one for my 09 GP.
Having just recently bought and sold a 1200 multistrada , i can confirm that the morini motor is more refined and feels less agricultural, although the shove from the duke motor is very impressive with full termi and a remap, hoping to increase the throttle response on my GP as it is quite soft.
Cheers
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

Yes, Ben at Amore Moto sorted everything for me.
Painter

Post by Painter »

Are you pleased with the remap on the GP , mine runs reasonably cleanly down to 3k but a bit soft and fluffy, lacks punch compared to the multistrada , I know the multi has 150hp but the GP is very lean at the bottom end.
I have a gpr end can, are you running the standard pipe, how much did the Decat and remap cost.
Cheers
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

Very pleased with the whole thing. It runs perfectly and revs right through in every gear. I’m not sure how much it was specifically because it was all rolled up into the overall cost of the bike. I imagine, Ben would tell you if you got in touch. He is great at responding. The bike is as it should be and having had a couple of Multistradas, I prefer the GP. It just feels lighter, handles better and the engine freed from the Euro gubbins beats the Ducati hands down. It’s just so smooth.
Painter

Post by Painter »

Hi
Thanks for the info, I Have contacted Ben, he has quoted 200 for the Decat pipe and 300 for the remap inc fitting etc + vat now that the MS has gone I think I will go for it.
Best wishes
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

Go for it. When you think what you would spend on a new can, for example, it’s worth every penny