Say a thankyou for Rob

Park up, come in and have an espresso. Chat about anything but please keep it clean and not too offensive.
72degrees

Say a thankyou for Rob

Post by 72degrees »

The MRC committee have asked me to coordinate a Just Giving page to say thank you to Rob at NLM for all his help in keeping our Morinis on the road.
There has been consensus on the wording - thanks Mark ;)

Xmas is looming and NLM closure, so dig deep and search the back of the sofa. Unfortunately as this is for 'crowd funding' not an official charity you can't use Paypal. JG take a cut but I will be passing on the proceeds to the MRC to, as I understand it, 'top up' as appropriate and then send to Rob with a suitable message. Other official thanks are planned for NLM personal which you will probably read about in the nest 'ATG'.

Just Giving Link:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rob-nlm
72degrees

Re: Say a thankyou for Rob

Post by 72degrees »

In fact: "JustGiving won't be charging a fee for this page. Adding a small contribution on top of your donation means we can continue to help more people."
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Excellent, thanks for arranging this Pete. Rob thoroughly deserves a vote of thanks from all those he has helped over many years.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Over halfway to our target already!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Pete,
You say that you can't use paypal, well I did before reading your comment, trouble is I can't find a record of my transaction with just giving, I am not sure if it's gone to the right place, are you sure you can't use paypal?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

pedro wrote:Pete,
You say that you can't use paypal, well I did before reading your comment, trouble is I can't find a record of my transaction with just giving, I am not sure if it's gone to the right place, are you sure you can't use paypal?
When I visit the page now and try a trial donation it certainly doesn't offer Paypal. When did you make your donation and was it anonymous or not?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Yes it was the 30th Nov and I hadn't read the comments at the time and so I did go anonymous, wish I hadn't though, as I would have liked to say a few words, just doing it on autopilot. Paypal came up and so I used it, the money has gone from there to Just giving but I can't see a record of it in my donation history, it might take a few working days to show I suppose.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

pedro wrote:Yes it was the 30th Nov and I hadn't read the comments at the time and so I did go anonymous, wish I hadn't though, as I would have liked to say a few words, just doing it on autopilot. Paypal came up and so I used it, the money has gone from there to Just giving but I can't see a record of it in my donation history, it might take a few working days to show I suppose.
Very odd. I can see an anonymous donation on that date (just the one) with no amount. I've tried sending a thank you, so that might reveal more what is going on.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

72degrees wrote:In fact: "JustGiving won't be charging a fee for this page. Adding a small contribution on top of your donation means we can continue to help more people."
Ah, but there is a 2.9% 'processing cost' + 25p per donation - just so you know!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Well over 50% of the target achieved already. Thanks to all who have donated. Empty out those piggy banks everyone - 21st December is fast approaching.

julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Thank you for arranging the justgiving page.

BTW: Today was the last day the shop was open for business (15th December). They're busy packing everything up next week before shutting the shop on 21st.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Target achieved. Thanks so much to all that donated. Chris, Jem and I are planning to visit NLM on 20th mark the end of an era and pass on your thanks everyone.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Thank you for visiting in person on 20th. Please take some photos for posterity & make them available. Sorry I won't be able to join you in person, I'm working in Berlin during the week.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thanks for organising this Pete, and thanks to everyone who's made a contribution. You meet the nicest people on a Morini!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

The fundraising page has now closed and the funds transferred to the MRC. Thanks for all your generous donations folks. When I find a tuit I'll copy and paste some of your messages of support to send to Rob.