How is ordering from Mdina Italia?

Anything to do with motorcyles
Daddy Dom

How is ordering from Mdina Italia?

Post by Daddy Dom »

Has anyone been using them, and how is the process? Anything to report?
Cheers, DD
MRC 3082½
72degrees

Re: How is ordering from Mdina Italia?

Post by 72degrees »

I ordered a 250 rear wheel cush-drive rubber on Friday afternoon, which I got an email the same evening to say it had been despatched. I will report back when it arrives.

The process was made much easier by having access to the Morini 250 parts list and searching by part number. To do so, remove the ',' s and precede with 'M'.
So for part 43.05.07 search for 'M430507' (same as NLM's old parts list system). Price was pretty much the same too.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I checked on some prices comparing them with bits I'd got from NLM fecently (there was nowt on TV worth watching last night :wink: ). MIs prices were identical, which was reassuring. Ive not had to order anything yet. I searched for the parts using the part numbers straight from the list, ie with the ... and they still came up. Only issue I did spot was that when you're on the Morini page and search by description, it will search the whole site.
I do need to order a pair of footrest rubbers for the Threeanarf before Spring - over 30 quid a pair though :shock:

Steve
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

The part just arrived by recorded delivery. As good a service as NLM, but I still wonder how it will work for something that previously required a chat with Rob and the benefit of his vast knowledge of what will fit what. Though if you have already done your research and are sure of the part number you want it all seems very efficient.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I think that Mdina have just uploaded the NLM db. As some of the parts were, to be honest, a bit pricey, maybe not much will change... yet...
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Not a big order, but placed it Monday evening, received email telling me it was dispatched on Tuesday and it arrived today (Wednesday).
Im happy with that sort of service.

Steve
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The test will be when a part is not in stock and needs replacing or even remanufacturing...
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Well, here's my experience.
I emailed about a part on their website (that fits a few Italian brands) being available, priced at £99 and was told: no it's no longer but we have this replacement part priced at £145.

So I emailed some more questions about that part and shipping but have had no reply. I followed the advice on the contact page, "If no reply, please email again" but there's been no reply to my second email now. I will have to telephone now from NZ.

Watch this space.
MRC 3082½
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

I'm pleased to report contact has been made. Andrew found all the right bits and answered all my queries, admitting he's been quite slammed by the lot of us ordering - unsurprisingly!

So my parts are on their way and he's busy trying to photograph all our spares for his website. That will be great!
Cheers,
DD
MRC 3082½
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Sounds like he could do with an experienced Morini parts person... :)
pedro

Post by pedro »

Are you putting yourself up for it Mike? Great idea, should ensure a never ending supply of 501 engine bits, L5 cams etc!!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Was thinking more of an unemployed Leicestershire lad...
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Well I got me bits. Or bit.

A NOS Grimeca front master cylinder. Better braking beckons as this one's 16mm and my old one is 19mm.

Next time I must remember to specifically ask, "does it look new or has it been knocked around on a shelf for 25 years?" Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly knackered but it's a far cry from concours (not that I need it to be).

I do hope the internals are more unused than the externals. Packing wasn't great either, just wrapped in brown paper, shaking around in the box all the way to NZ.
MRC 3082½
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Two weeks later, I'm still waiting for a reply about a clutch cable. not a tricky query, either.
:shock:
MRC 3082½
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

I phoned and enquired for some bits. Spoke to a very pleasant fella. He told me where to find what I wanted on the website, ordered them and they arrived promptly and were as described and required. No problems or drama. :D
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?