1978 500 Morini Project

Morini related only please
Habilis

1978 500 Morini Project

Post by Habilis »

Selling on behalf of owner
The 1978 Morini 500 was purchased from NLM December 2011 as an unfinished project with 23186km shown. The bike was kept in dry storage in a local working garage until He bought it in june 2015 due to the garage owners retirement and sale of the garage. He was going to help him complete the project however due to family commitments and subsequent house move the work was never completed. He is selling the bike as He lacks the mechanical skills to complete the project. The bike has a V5 in owner’s name and is currently on sorn , and has had 2 previous owners engine and frame numbers match and are correct to the V5
The bike is now stored with me ,I have recommissioned the bike before starting , with new “B”belt ,oil ( the oil removed was pristine, ) temporary charged battery , plugs , and carbs cleaned and valve clearances checked , valve gear oiled before starting ( no adjustment needed ) new gaskets are visible , frame and tank / side panels have been painted .
The bike genuinely started second kick after the work , both rockers have been removed and valve gear oiled , it starts easily , is very quiet mechanically , smoke free and responsive ( not as loud as you might imagine without any exhaust pipes...)
Wheel bearings , swing arm , steering head bearings all good

Bad bits : no exhaust , no battery , conversion to left foot change started ( I would suggest it would be easier to stay on the right ) tarozzi rear sets are cracked on left . No speedo cable , rear brake caliper sticking . No chain ( but sprockets very good ) no centrestand .

Contact initially via PM and I can arrange viewing and pass owners details on , or more pictures ,( quality much reduced for this post) or info
Bike is located North Cumbria
All sensible offers considered , ideally looking for £2500
Ideally it would be sold complete
But if enough interest , and no sale ,
Breaking would be considered , feel free to register interest in any parts if not sold .
Attachments
IMG-0653b.JPG
IMG-0653b.JPG (63.04 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
IMG-0636b.JPG
IMG-0636b.JPG (72.75 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
Last edited by Habilis on 05 Sep 2019 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
rossguzzi

Re: 1978 500 Morini Project

Post by rossguzzi »

Hi,
It would be a shame to dismantle, but if you do I would be interested in heads, barrels, pistons, airbox and possibly starter motor, inc alternator rotor. Front sprocket. Enough gear to convert my Camel to elec start. (for when I get old :D )
Cheers.
PS. What pick up and transducers does it have ? I could be interested in these too.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Hello there, nice looking bike, but if you do break it I would be interested in the fuel tank, side panels and seat fairing and the seat.
Regards Pete.
Habilis

Post by Habilis »

I have had a bit of interest should it get broken , it is best to PM me with what you might want , that way I can offer the parts out in the order they arrived , any other way I will end up with confusion on my part
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Please try to keep it in one piece! It looks like the basis for a very nice machine.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Habilis

Post by Habilis »

Bike now sold....
Ming

Post by Ming »

Excellent news!